title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Batch Ripper: Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Some additional suggestions.

Originally posted by bhoar
    Spoon,

Eli and I were discussing some issues in dealing with his large collection.
    Brendan, things for bringing these issues up again. I know I have pushed for some of these features. I hope I am not the only one that would find some of them useful.

I know when we were speaking you very much wanted dynamic output directories for secure/accurate/inaccurate rips for example.

Comment

• sredmyer
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2008

Re: dBpoweramp Batch Ripper: Discussions

Originally posted by Spoon
      If you have Visual Studio 2005 I would be willing to share that driver for fixing.
      If this message is in response to my requests for the Powerfile device...I do indeed have Visual Studio 2005 and would be happy to work on the driver for these devices. Please send me a PM with the details.

Thanks,
      Steve

Comment

• bhoar
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sredmyer
        If this message is in response to my requests for the Powerfile device...I do indeed have Visual Studio 2005 and would be happy to work on the driver for these devices. Please send me a PM with the details.
        That's awesome guys. Hope this works out!

-brendan

Comment

• EliC
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

I have just had one of the cdrippers crash while using the batch ripper. Is there anyway to get more info to give to you spoon? I am using the composer max. 1 drive is stuck permanently loading, and right clicking on it and choosing show ripper does not work, canceling the disc does not work. I was able to show one of the other rippers, but it has quite ripping and one track that was ripped is stalled at 0% on encoding. R13.1.

Interestingly, Ctl-Alt-Del is not working during this crash. Everything else with the computer seems to be fine.
          Last edited by EliC; 07-29-2008, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• bhoar
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by EliC
            I have just had one of the cdrippers crash while using the batch ripper. Is there anyway to get more info to give to you spoon? I am using the composer max. 1 drive is stuck permanently loading, and right clicking on it and choosing show ripper does not work, canceling the disc does not work. I was able to show one of the other rippers, but it has quite ripping and one track that was ripped is stalled at 0% on encoding. R13.1.

Interestingly, Ctl-Alt-Del is not working during this crash. Everything else with the computer seems to be fine.
            Is the drive still showing up in my computer? In this condition, can you operate it manually (e.g. put a cd-rom in and explore it)?

If the drive or bridge itself crashed not much can be done.

Also, how much RAM? Any of the discs have "large" tracks?

-brendan

Comment

• EliC
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

I have 4gigs of RAM (3.5 usable in XP)

I rebooted the system and the robot, so I dont know if the drives crashed.

Comment

• sredmyer
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • May 2008

Ok can somebody tell me what I may have done to cause this. I have been away from using the Batch Ripper for a few days and got back to it this evening. When I started a new batch the Batch Ripper is stopping after fetching Meta data on each disc and showing me the Perfect Match screen. I am fairly certain that I did not change any settings but I must have because this didnot used to happen. I have looked at the Manual Match settings and none are checked so I do not know how to make this thing not stop after each disc. Also for the first time this evening I got a message asking if I wanted to submit data to Accurate Rip. I do of coarse but I do not want to have a batch interupted and require me to answer the question. Is there a setting some where to turn this off until after a batch.

Thanks
                Steve
                Last edited by sredmyer; 07-29-2008, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• sredmyer
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • May 2008

Spoon,

I sent you my email addresss but I never did recieve a copy of the Powerfile driver code to work on. If you are just busy and have not gotten to it yet I completely understand (been pretty busy myself). But maybe your message got eaten by my spam blocker could you send it to:
                  steve at RipIt Digital dot com (format as email address of coarse)

Thanks,
                  Steve
                  Last edited by sredmyer; 07-29-2008, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• EliC
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

In the batch ripper, Click on the Meta-Data button and UNCHECK manual input and review

Comment

• sredmyer
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by EliC
                      In the batch ripper, Click on the Meta-Data button and UNCHECK manual input and review
                      As I said there are none of the Manual Input options checked. Unless I am miss understanding what you are talking about

Comment

• sredmyer
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by sredmyer
                        As I said there are none of the Manual Input options checked. Unless I am miss understanding what you are talking about

On further inspection I have the option labeled "Force Manual Input and Review" > "For CDs With Less Than" set to (never)

All other option under this Manual input heading are unchecked

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

At the top is manual input and review under freedb.

I have your email and will be sending code shortly.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

>Interestingly, Ctl-Alt-Del is not working during this crash

Nothing on the system should be able to block Ctrl Alt Del...
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sredmyer
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
                              At the top is manual input and review under freedb.

I have your email and will be sending code shortly.
                              Thanks...I knew it was some setting I just could not find it.

Comment

• EliC
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • May 2004

I am having problems using the Batch Ripper at the same time as using the CD Ripper. It would be nice if the batch ripper had its own menu for setting a rip to directory, codec, and dsps.

I lost a large amount of work because I opened the CD Ripper while the batch ripper was running and change some settings on a drive that was not set up for the batch ripper, but the batch ripper picked up these changes in the middle of a batch.

Comment

Working...

]]>