title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Batch Ripper: Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBpoweramp Batch Ripper: Discussions

>Uh...wont that then require me to manually review each CD/Track's

Only switch on to verify that AMG is being retrieved for testing.

CD Ripper and Batch Ripper are very different when it comes to connecting to AMG.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sredmyer
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
      >Uh...wont that then require me to manually review each CD/Track's

Only switch on to verify that AMG is being retrieved for testing.

CD Ripper and Batch Ripper are very different when it comes to connecting to AMG.
      Well it seems that here are no lookups remaining?? Not sure how that can be because I have done nothing but testing and have not had the software long (not even thirty days yet).

Any way (and I did not realize this settings window was there prior to now) when I go to the Meta Data Providers screen in "Batch Ripper" the line for AMG says"
      "All Media Guide Lookups Remaining: (none)" and there is a buton labeled Purchase on the right.

So is there not some number of complimentary lookups?

Again not to belabor the point but I do get Album Art from CD Ripper...I understand what you are saying about that app functioning much differenly then Batch Ripper, but the point is weather AMG is connecting (and providing art or not) CD Ripper is getting the art from somewhere. So why doesn't the Batch Ripper also get the Album Art from the same service that the CD Ripper used, don't the two applications use all the same providers?

Thanks for your help
      Last edited by sredmyer; July 01, 2008, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• sredmyer
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2008

After some further looking it seams as though I should have gotten 400 free lookups with my purchase of the dbPowerAmp software. While it is likely true that during esting I may have used some lookups, I am quie sure I did no use 400 (no way I have ripped that many CDs).

I have no problem paying for my lookups tha will actually use, I just do not want to pay for lookups while I am testing. I still am not sure what all the settings do and which ones I should be using to achieve my desired (this is why I asked, in a previous post, if there is a tutorial that I can read to help). Any way I do not want to waste money on lookups while I am getting the system working the way I want.

So still I wonder how the CD Ripper app is able to download album art...is it getting it from a different service or does it recognize that I have not used 400 lookups so it has no problem looking them up in AMG?

Comment

• bhoar
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2006

Not that this helps now, but: whenever I install dbpoweramp and the batch ripper, I immediately disable AMG in both until I am sure I have my system setup properly. Otherwise, I'd be wasting my free/complimentary lookups and/or unnecessarily adding to the hits that AMG counts from the product (I see no reason to increase the number of complimentary hits generated, since the higher that number is, the less good position spoon is in during negotiations).

-brendan

Comment

• sredmyer
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • May 2008

Ok now I am really confused...In the CD Ripper app the settings for AMG service report that there are 7 days Access remaining.

WTF in Batch Ripper I get a specific number of lookups (400) but in CD Ripper I get a number of days (and presumably unlimited lookups in those days?).

So which one is correct? Is there a document (or the tutorial I ask about) somewhere that explains which readings are global (apply to all dbPowerAmp apps) and which are application specific and need o be set in each app. Then is there also a document telling how to get to the settings that need setting (I just happened on the fact that the Meta button in Bach Ripper was a button and not just a drop down menu of choices).

Comment

• sredmyer
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • May 2008

Originally posted by bhoar
              Not that this helps now, but: whenever I install dbpoweramp and the batch ripper, I immediately disable AMG in both until I am sure I have my system setup properly. Otherwise, I'd be wasting my free/complimentary lookups and/or unnecessarily adding to the hits that AMG counts from the product (I see no reason to increase the number of complimentary hits generated, since the higher that number is, the less good position spoon is in during negotiations).

-brendan
              Yes I wish I had known to do that...This is really a killer app but the documentation is virtually non-existent. I doubt I would be able to do anything with out this forum.

Comment

• bhoar
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sredmyer
                Yes I wish I had known to do that...This is really a killer app but the documentation is virtually non-existent. I doubt I would be able to do anything with out this forum.
                Remember, Batch Ripper is still beta, documentation will come later.

AMG's licensing terms are different for the CD Ripper and the Batch Ripper:

CD Ripper - $5/year unlimited.
                Batch Ripper - 400 free, then $0.10 per lookup after that (off the top of my head, price may have been changed recently).

-brendan

Comment

• sredmyer
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • May 2008

Batch Ripper - 400 free, then $0.10 per lookup after that (off the top of my head, price may have been changed recently).

-brendan
                  Yeah I understand the whole beta thing and I definitely feel that his killer app is worth the pain. The problem I am having (I suspect many others as well) is that I read through these forums (as they are the only source of information thus far) and I am unsure as to which features actually exist and which ones are just wishes that have not yet made it into the released version. Then to further complicate that issue there is no (at least I haven't found it yet) user interface document showing what the menus, buttons and controls that are there, do.

So we have the perfect storm for the ignorant newbie (such as myself)...conflicting understanding of what features actually exist...no documentation to tell me how to use what is there and just for fun add in that I am still figuring out how/if my hardware works and I am sure you will see I am just a bit overwhelmed.

Anyway thanks to everyone for the help because as I have said...without this forum I would still be wondering how to start.

Steve

Comment

• sredmyer
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • May 2008

So can one of you more knowledgeable guys help me to define the best set of configuration values given my goal. My goal is to batch rip up to 200 CDs with the following priorities.
                    1) achieve completely accurate rips where possible
                    2) where complete accuracy is not achievable, mark CD (report) for more intensive manual work
                    3) Achieve the best possible (short of manual entry) meta data
                    4) report on all suspect or missing meta data.

I think all I need to know is the correct settings for AccurateRip, Secure Rip and Ultra Secure to achieve the above. Also the PerfectMeta settings to get the best tagging...does PerfectMeta even apply to Batch Ripper or is there some other set of settings for Batch Ripper and if so what are they

Steve

Comment

• bhoar
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Sep 2006

Update: a quick check of the batch ripper sticky thread says it's $0.07 per AMG lookup after 400 in the batch ripper.

-brendan

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Follow the download link in your email receipt to activate AMG.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sredmyer
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • May 2008

Thanks Spoon, I hope I kept that email.

Comment

• sredmyer
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • May 2008

Ok I did this and all that did was to give me my one free year in the CD Ripper app...Batch Ripper still shows Lookups Remaining: (none)

So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Make sure you have the very latest batch ripper.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sredmyer
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • May 2008

Make sure you have the very latest batch ripper.
                                That did it...thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>