title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Batch Ripper: Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • latefordinner
    • Dec 2007

Re: dBpoweramp Batch Ripper: Discussions

I copied my results into that folder, but Batchripper doesn't seem to load them.

Originally posted by Spoon
    Your results need to be in a results folder inside the \dbpoweramp\batchripper\results folder.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Rip 1 CD in batch ripper to see where it is putting its results, copy your old ones there.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tirade
        • Mar 2008

My Elite Micro arrived yesterday and I tried out batchripper. No immediate issues but I have a question or 3...

1. I had a few CD's that were not ID'd correctly by AMG. AMG thought it was a completely different artist/album. I wasnt able to quickly figure out how to change this on the fly. Any thoughts? Which leads to a follow up question, is there a system in place to double check the information to another DB so if there is a conflict in Album name it can be flagged?

2. The robot works well, batchripper works well, but it can take about 2-6min for the ripping to start. Is this an issue with the drive in the robot or batch ripper? I plan to swap the drive out this weekend but I figured Id check and see if anyone else has had an issue with slow rip initiation.

I click on rip and the robot grabs the CD, puts it in the drive and then says its started ripping. The drive just spins and spins... anywhere from 2-6min, then it actually starts ripping. The rippinig goes by at the normal speed. The delay is only in the start time to begin ripping each CD.

Is there an ETA on when the AMG signup goes live for batchripper and what about the other database opions?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

AMG goes live, perhaps in 2 weeks. Freedb, Musicbrainz and GD3 are in now.

The inteligent meta data system and manual review are designed to handle 1.

2: Right click on drive and 'show ripper' to see what is happening.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Tirade
            2. The robot works well, batchripper works well, but it can take about 2-6min for the ripping to start. Is this an issue with the drive in the robot or batch ripper? I plan to swap the drive out this weekend but I figured Id check and see if anyone else has had an issue with slow rip initiation.

I click on rip and the robot grabs the CD, puts it in the drive and then says its started ripping. The drive just spins and spins... anywhere from 2-6min, then it actually starts ripping. The rippinig goes by at the normal speed. The delay is only in the start time to begin ripping each CD.

Is there an ETA on when the AMG signup goes live for batchripper and what about the other database opions?
            That *seems* more likely to be a batch ripper/cd ripper issue, since it has already recognized the disc as loaded, which means the loader driver load call has already exited.

However, just in case it isn't, here's a suggestion to make the load driver go faster, at the cost of a bit higher risk of problems...

Make a copy of the elite micro driver folder (found under C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders ), add "Alternate" to the name, navigate into it, then go to the "Load" subdirectory in this new driver folder, edit the DefaultCmdLine.txt file and remove everything on the third line after --unbindtodrive, e.g.:

Code:
            --open --command=C:X:::E --command=I:X:::E --close --unbindtodrive --comportrelease --ondiscnotreadyskip=1 --exit --bindtodrive --rejectsiterate --open --command=G:X:::E --close --command=R:X:::E
            to

Code:
            --open --command=C:X:::E --command=I:X:::E --close --unbindtodrive
            Why might this help? On some drives, the SPTI call I use to check the disc type (called via the --ondiscnotreadyskip= directive) takes a long time.

The risk, of course, is that if the drive doesn't recognize the disc as a disc (a DVD in a CD-ROM drive, for example), it can either cause processing to stop entirely or, more alarmingly, more than disc might get loaded since there's no implicit reject action in the load call if the disc isn't recognized.

-brendan
            Last edited by bhoar; March 14, 2008, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Tirade
              • Mar 2008

I'll try that out this evening and report back. The drive that came in the Micro is a NEC 3550a. Im not sure which firmware it has though.

Comment

• bhoar
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Tirade
                I'll try that out this evening and report back. The drive that came in the Micro is a NEC 3550a. Im not sure which firmware it has though.
                Oh and if it wasn't obvious, you'll need to select the "Alternate" driver you just created in the batch ripper setup, of course.

But again, if it doesn't say Loading CD while it is spending all that time not doing anything, but instead it is in Post-Load... status or Ripping status, then I doubt it would be the loader driver at fault.

-brendan

Comment

• bhoar
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Sep 2006

It might also be worth checking to see if the metadata or accuraterip lookups are completing before or after the delay.

-brendan

Comment

• bhoar
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Sep 2006

RipTheWorld: Looks like you're probably using a Fusion-MX unit, while my first Fusion unit is a Fusion-PX unit. The picker arm is the same, but the bin and drive layout is different. And some of the extended commands, like shake, are handled differently.

I did pick up a 6-drive MX unit after the drivers went out to spoon...and today a 0-drive (print only) MX unit arrived, which I will add drives to this weekend.

The basic difference, when looking at them, is that the "hump" where drive mounting and printers may go, goes all the way across the back of the PX units. With MX units, it's just on one side (allowing MX units to be configured for more disc stack space). PX units are generally slightly more compact.

If you could, as a user w/ Administrator privs, navigate to one of the Load folders under the mediatechnics drivers (in \program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp\batchripper\) and then manually run the following two commands, that might help me to verify we're on the same page hardware-wise. Change the drive, comport or comspeed as necessary.

load.exe --drive=D: --comport=com1 --comspeed=38400 --command=C:X:5:5 --command=V::3:3 --logfile=c:\RTWtest_V.txt
                    load.exe --drive=D: --comport=com1 --comspeed=38400 --command=C:X:5:5 --command=D::12:12 --logfile=c:\RTWtest_D.txt

If you're not sure how to do that, then create a file in notepad.exe, paste the two lines above into it, save it as loadertest.bat, place it in the right Load directory and double click on it.

Then send me the output files (PM for email addresss), or post them here.

-brendan

Comment

• bhoar
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Sep 2006

I saw that the most recent batch ripper meta button includes settings for AMG, GD3, freedb and musicbrainz. And the CD Ripper meta button includes all of those except GD3.

So, is there any possibility of adding tracktype.org (freedb2) as well? I think the calling convention is the same as freedb...

(if this q belongs in the R13 thread, please move it there...)

-brendan

Comment

• EliC
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

I have previously requested tracktype and would like to see it. It should be easy to add because it should be similar (or the same) as freedb.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Tracktype does not make sense in batch ripper (it is likely the data is from freedb so cannot be used for intelligent lookup).
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • May 2004

I don't know what algorithm you are using for matching results with intelligent look up, but a rule that if the tracktype data matches freedb, then it does NOT increase the confidence that the data is correct...

Comment

• bhoar
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
                              Tracktype does not make sense in batch ripper (it is likely the data is from freedb so cannot be used for intelligent lookup).
                              Ok, perhaps my argument wasn't clear.

a) batch ripper has settings for freedb, so i take it that freedb usable in some capacity in the batch ripper.
                              b) tracktype works like freedb.
                              c) tracktype includes freedb data (a superset or a fork?0.
                              d) tracktype might be up and running when the freedb infrastructure is unavailable.

what am i missing?

And even if there's a reason the above argument doesn't apply to the batch ripper, surely it applies to the cd ripper...

-brendan

Comment

• Teknojnky
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • Dec 2006

I can understand my usage case may not be the same as profesional rippers (simply 2-3 drives via ata & external usb), but I would like to see being able to easily configure/change settings of the individual drives and other settings of the main ripper, via the batch ripper.

In other words, I would like an 'options' button/menu just like cdgrab has in case I want/need to change modes or settings for a particular cd.

Or, more simply, I would like to be able to rip multiple discs straight from a single CDGrab without resorting to batch ripper.

Manually running multiple instances of cdgrab (without using batch ripper) is just an inelegant solution, IMO.

Comment

Working...

]]>