title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R13

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Discussion of dMC R13

jsm, can you post a picture?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JGP32
      • Apr 2008

When I open CD Ripper reference R13 I get a warning that the trial is about to end in 4 days. Im not sure what to do next?

A little history:
      Several weeks ago I loaded the trial version of reference R12

About a week later I purchased R12, downloaded and installed it. At that point, I think it showed as being registered. AMG shows I have 354 days remaining.

Several days after that I downloaded and installed R13 on top R12, as per the instructions.

Now, if I open dBpoweramp configuration it shows:
      R13 Beta (functions until: 8 2008)
      Reference: Trial (4 days remaining)

What I dont understand is what happens in 4 more days? Will it stop working? Do I need to do anything? or will the R13 trial override what it thinks is an R12 trial and allow usage until August? And what about the reminders, will they continue indefinately, or will they go away if I uncheck the reminder box in the warning.
      Please help, I dont want to run into problems in 4 days, which is this weekend - as I have been getting about 100 discs ripped per weekend over the last couple weeks. DdBpoweramp ripper is awesome, so glad I found it.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Did you purchase the r12 PowerPack or Reference? If you purchased the Reference, uninstall all dMC, reboot, reinstall the registered Reference installer, then install r13 over top and do NOT uninstall r13, then check the status. If you purchased the PowerPack, that is why the Reference is going to expire.

Comment

• haibane
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
          You need the alpha release that was released yesterday (15th)
          Where do we get the alpha? I can only see the download on the first page of the beta?

Comment

• bhoar
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by LtData
            Did you purchase the r12 PowerPack or Reference? If you purchased the Reference, uninstall all dMC, reboot, reinstall the registered Reference installer, then install r13 over top and do NOT uninstall r13, then check the status. If you purchased the PowerPack, that is why the Reference is going to expire.
            And to clarify: when you run the R13 installer, a question will come up with three possible answers: [Yes], [No] or [Cancel]. The question is whether or not to uninstall the older version (R12) before installing the new version (R13).

I'm not faulting the wording of the dialog box, but I think it's not clear *at that time* what is more appropriate to do. Due to experience, I know now that I should always answer [No] which means "Install R13 without uninstalling R12 and, more importantly, the license for R12".

It's just somewhat unintuitive and even when I re-read the contents of the dialog, all the information you need to know isn't really there.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what a better dialog would look like, so perhaps my comments aren't very useful.

-brendan
            Last edited by bhoar; 04-17-2008, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• JGP32
              • Apr 2008

LtData - I purchased reference. So I guess I have some uninstalling, installing in my future.

bhoar - Thanks - I have a vague recollection of that question (whether or not to uninstall the older version) and answering "yes". I agree with your assertion that it appears "at the time" to be intuitive, especially since I am new to the program. I took "install on top of R12" to mean dont uninstall R12 prior to running the R13 installer.

So, when I uninstall dMC, and then reinstall R12 then R13, will any of my settings be retained? Or will I have to re-enter everything? Things such as encoder, path, naming, and secure rip-settings?

Comment

• haibane
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by JGP32
                LtData - I purchased reference. So I guess I have some uninstalling, installing in my future.

bhoar - Thanks - I have a vague recollection of that question (whether or not to uninstall the older version) and answering "yes". I agree with your assertion that it appears "at the time" to be intuitive, especially since I am new to the program. I took "install on top of R12" to mean dont uninstall R12 prior to running the R13 installer.

So, when I uninstall dMC, and then reinstall R12 then R13, will any of my settings be retained? Or will I have to re-enter everything? Things such as encoder, path, naming, and secure rip-settings?
                You shouldn't uninstall 12 to reinstall 13 if you are doing the beta

Comment

• jsm
                  • Apr 2008

jsm, can you post a picture?
                  Here is the picture you requested:

Kind regards,
                  Jason.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

You have vista, which version, 64 bit?
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• haibane
                      • Apr 2008

I guess everything is off the same download. figured it out.

Comment

• jsm
                        • Apr 2008

You have vista, which version, 64 bit?
                        Running Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Service Pack 1.

Kind regards,
                        Jason.

Comment

• haibane
                          • Apr 2008

Appears none of the frame by frame ripping is working in the latest release. Goes straight to error. Not sure if there are too many frames, but this was on no abort.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Did you set one of the new options to abort 'after xxx'?
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• haibane
                              • Apr 2008

I added abourt ripping a track for 100 minutes, but pretty sure I did that after otherwise no.

Comment

• jsm
                                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by haibane
                                Appears none of the frame by frame ripping is working in the latest release. Goes straight to error. Not sure if there are too many frames, but this was on no abort.
                                I have experienced this phenomenon also - I have set all the 'Secure Rip Abort' settings to '(no abort)' and when I attempted to rip a tracks from a disc with definite errors, no attempt was made by the latest dMC R13 beta to re-rip individual frames. The Error & Information Log indicates I have disabled the the re-rip feature - I cannot recall the precise wording, but it said that I had set something to '0'.

Spoon, keep up the outstanding work! Finally, someone who understands the value in ensuring accurate CD audio ripping and correct track labelling! Thank you! :-)

Kind regards,
                                Jason.

P.S.: Any update on my issue regarding the missing options in Meta Data & ID Tag Settings?

Comment

Working...

]]>