title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R13

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Discussion of dMC R13

moved
    Last edited by EliC; 04-12-2008, 05:19 PM. Reason: moved to PerfectMeta discussion

Comment

• EliC
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Here is a picture of the missing album art preview:

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You need a higher screen resolution to get the art work preview.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by EliC
          I think that is unfortunate as there is a lot of potential gain from looking at BOTH freedb choices!
          And as long as it does an(y) automatic choice, then the prompt asking the user to pick a freedb choice is (1) unnecessary (since it isn't used) and (2) misleading (since it suggests that my choice will influence the outcome). Annoying, really -- I find myself turning freedb off (since freedb data can be looked-up afterwards.)

Comment

• Porcus
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2007

PerfectMeta does not handle HTOA correctly. Even though each of the metadata sources do, PerfectMeta will write it as (example with 8 tracks)

0 <Name of track 1>
            1 <Name of track 2>
            2 <Name of track 3>
            3 <Name of track 4>
            4 <Name of track 5>
            5 <Name of track 6>
            6 <Name of track 7>
            6 <Name of track 8>
            8 Track 8.

Error is consistent when I press Alt-m, and also when it tags and names the ripped files (the last track will be tagged and named as an Unknown artist).

Tried two discs and two drives, same result.

Comment

• Porcus
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2007

And a couple of minor remarks:

-> Sometimes the Rip status shows only "Complete" even on tracks which according to the log is "Secure". (This appears not only to Hidden track 00s.)

-> Putting the active metadata sources in light blue is a bad idea, I think -- it looks like the other way around (since they appear as greyed out).

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

>-Submit changes is not working for submitting meta-data changes.

To which provider? if you have Kasparsky it is not possible to submit as it modifies the data and it is rejected.

The whole point of perfectmeta is that is mainly automatic, if you are showing the freedb choices you:

a) Slow it down
                b) Do not gain aythingn more than selecting Meta >> Retrieve From >> freedb and choosing one of the other choices.

-----

The next alpha will fix the issue of changes on PerfectMeta not showing on the screen (they are written to the files though).
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
                  >-Submit changes is not working for submitting meta-data changes.

To which provider? if you have Kasparsky it is not possible to submit as it modifies the data and it is rejected.
                  Any, its grayed out on my system. I do not have Kasparsky. I do have Norton.

The whole point of perfectmeta is that is mainly automatic, if you are showing the freedb choices you:

a) Slow it down
                  b) Do not gain aything more than selecting Meta >> Retrieve From >> freedb and choosing one of the other choices.
                  I would like to see PerfectMeta automatically pulling the meta from multiple freeDB submissions (ie showing more then 1 freeDB column in PerfectMeta view). Also, as I said in the PerfectMeta thread, I think there is probably to much weight in the algorithm on AMG.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

It is only enabled if you change the metadata (not using PerfectMeta as this invalidates the license of various providers).

In your thread, the album title would have been pulled from MusicBrainz and freedb ifthey had of matched, they did not, so it did not.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Feb 2007

[...]
                      Is there any way for me as a user to turn off the freedb alternatives -- except by turning off freedb altogether?

Comment

• EliC
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

It is only enabled if you change the metadata (not using PerfectMeta as this invalidates the license of various providers).
                        So if you edit the meta in the PerfectMeta screen it cannot be submitted?

Comment

• Porcus
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Feb 2007

It seems that if I press Alt-m for PerfectMeta, then I get whatever is yet retrieved with no information on whether it is done searching. (Missing entry could mean "not in database" or "not yet found", no way to distinguish?)

I know there will show up a small text at some point, but the following suggestion is a simple fix which is very clear to the user: Display window title as "dBpoweramp CD Ripper: Searching metadata" and keep it so until it is done.

Comment

• haibane
                            • Apr 2008

Perfect meta seems to be the only flawed thing in the program. When I go in to compare the two it doesn't seem to change the actual meta data, but isntead only changes in the perfect meta screen.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

You need the alpha release that was released yesterday (15th)
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jsm
                                • Apr 2008

Greetings,

I recently purchased dMC R12 (Reference) after determining this software to be EXACTLY the software I had been seeking for reasons too numerous to list here! I have been an avid tester of dMC R13 (Reference) and I am impressed with the vast array of improvements and additions!

I have found a rather annoying bug in the CD Ripper. This bug manifests itself in under 'Options' -> 'Meta Data & ID Tag Options' where there is an empty box. I can no longer locate any settings relating to the tag fields I wish to include in my ripped CD tracks and where I can set formatting options for these fields such as leading zeros and others. I assume this empty box is where these options should be?

Thank you for such a wonderful product, I will continue to test dMC R13 in anticipation of its final relase ;-)

Kind regards,
                                Jason.

Comment

Working...

]]>