title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Flac R7 (1.1.4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arcadian
    • Oct 2004

Re: Flac R7 (1.1.4)

Hi, got this reply from them. wonder if it makes any sesne:

Hello Hitesh,

Certainly I know APIC frame format and I don't want to argue here, but I don't know any wild known software which don't fill MIME type data in APIC frames. metaflac.exe also fill MIME type when it add picture to flac files, so regarding to your question: Tag&Rename support picture added to flac by metaflac.exe (metaflac can be reference flac software I think) and metaflac.exe support picture frames in flac files added by Tag&Rename.

UNQUOTE

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

I have asked Josh (of FLAC) to clarify this point, either it is an APIC frame or it is FLAC special APIC frame. Will let you know what he decides.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Updated 26th March

Writes mime type to album art
        fixes showing of md5 error if decoding part of file
        Does not show metadata warning if file has not metadata when decoding.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kdub
          • Mar 2007

Is this (the downloadable codec/file in the first post) a beta, or a final codec for dMC? I'm sure it's safe to use, but was just wondering, since the main page ( http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-flac.htm ), still states the codec to be FLAC 1.1.3. Or is that just a typo?

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

The codec in the first post of this thread is a beta codec, yes, but it should be fine for normal usage. Codec Central only contains final codecs or, in a few cases, links to beta codecs.

Comment

• xoas
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2002

Flac 1.1.4 is in Beta and is only available from the link at the beginning of this thread.
              Flac 1.1.3 is the current "standard" version for dMC r12. It is available from Codec Central.
              Given the choice, I would go with the beta version, which I believe to be at least as stable as the current "standard" codec.

Best wishes,
              Bill

Comment

• kdub
                • Mar 2007

Cool thanks everyone.

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Also, this beta uses FLAC 1.1.4, the latest version of FLAC, and supports album art. It should encode and decode faster than the version currently in Codec Central, but it depends on your compression setting

Comment

• kdub
                    • Mar 2007

If I install this beta, and a newer (or more final) version comes out, will it automatically replace the beta codec, or do I have to extra procedures to first remove the beta codec?

Comment

• Paul_B
                      • Jul 2006

Hi all,

Downloaded the beta of 1.1.4. Can someone explain the process of getting album art into the Tag? The process for my means ripping a CD to Flac has gone from around 20 minutes to about 4 hours. So I am skipping this for now and not bothering with adding album art to the Tag.

Thanks,

Paul

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

If using CD Ripper and AMG then album art should automatically go into the id tags.

---

When the final release is out, uninstall the beta and install the final one.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tamanaco
                          • Mar 2007

A few of the CDs that I ripped using DBpowerAMP with the FLAC 1.1.4 Beta encoder did not have album cover. Subsequently I found the album art and added it to the specific folder as folder.jpg. This is fine for some situations, but when I convert a subset of these FLAC songs without embedded art to MP3s using dBpoweramp music converter this folder.jpg does not get embedded in the new MP3 files. I know that I can copy the folder.jpg to the specific album folder with the converted MP3 files, but I don't want to do that. All FLAC files that had embedded album Art were converted to MP3s including the embedded album art. (No folder.jpeg in the folders with MP3s) How do I now "embed" this album art in the ID tags of these already ripped FLAC files? I have dBpoweramp Reference R12. Is there a dBpoweramp tool that allows me to do that? Do I need to get a 3rd party tool that will do this?

Thanks

Comment

• LtData
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • May 2004

You can use the "ID Tag Processing" DSP to add the album art to your files. You do need to re-encode them, but the album art will then be embedded.

Comment

• tamanaco
                              • Mar 2007

I just found that with the latest beta releases of Mp3Tag starting with Ver. 2.37c you can embed Album Art in FLAC files ver. 1.1.3 and 1.1.4. You can select all or some the songs in one album in Mp3tag, select Extended tags, find the album art file, click ok and the album art is embedded in all the selected songs. Saves a lot of time... no need to re-encode.

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

Now Released.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>