title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Auto Updater

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teknojnky
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2006

Auto Updater

I noticed that the dbconfig for R12 has a check for updates button, I was wondering if there was plans for R12 (or later) to include automatically updating installed components (not just directing you to website to manually download/install).

If not, that would be something really nice and convenient to consider adding.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Auto Updater

It would probably at least notify you that there is a new update, but I'm not entirely sure on the planned implementation of this feature.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

I prefer the manual way, there have been ocasions where there needed to be instructions about updating a codec, the web page is great for this (most people click through anything on an installer).
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

I'm not sure if this has been reported but when I tried the Check For Updates button this morning it reported earlier versions of codecs to those I currently have installed.

I am running dMC r12 and I have a number of beta codecs installed. The codecs it reported incorrectly were the CLI r1 (I have r2), FLAC r6 (I have r7) and WMA r1 (I have r2).

Wayne

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

That is correct, until a beta is released updater is just reporting that the released versions are different.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>