title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Earwax headphones DSP plugin

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcnicholls
    • Feb 2006

Earwax headphones DSP plugin

I have been trying out the Edward Beingessner DSP headphones plugin for dBpowerAMP audio player 3 beta6 and Beingessner's demo works surprisingly well. However, it's not clear to me whether it's working in the dB audio player. It would be handy to be able to switch it in/out quickly to evaluate the effect - is there an easy way to do this while a track is playing?

Also, the earwax.ca website appears to have died, but there's an alternate site at http://us.geocities.com/beinges

DN
    Last edited by dcnicholls; February 20, 2006, 06:16 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Earwax headphones DSP plugin

Not when it is playing, only when a track starts.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dcnicholls
      • Feb 2006

Re: Earwax headphones DSP plugin

Thanks. I have my doubts about the plugin. In theory appropriate crossover mixing should help put the center audio image out front. I have a hard wired headphone amp (Corda HA2) which attempts the same thing, but I think the DSP approach is a lot more flexible. However, its effects seem rather variable. It got to the point where it was "sucking out" the center vocals, rather than shifting them out front. It could be the tracks I was listening to. Anyway, I had to uninstall the plugin to stop it. The check box didn't seem to work. I may explore some more.

DN

Comment

Working...

]]>