title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMPlayer can't uninstall

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maeve
    • Feb 2005

WMPlayer can't uninstall

:cry: Hi I have reinstalled windows and can't uninstall WMP10 as it is not on my add, remove list therefore dbpower wont work. Also how do I register again. I still have the order number from shreg. Thanks
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: WMPlayer can't uninstall

WMP = WIndows Media Player does not interfere with dBpowerAMP. You do not uninstall WMP since it's part of Windows. The most you can do is roll back to an earleuir version if you upgraded after your initial WIndows installation.

Why do you want to remove WMP ?

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

I believe WMP10 is part of SP2 for Windows XP.
      You can use dMC and WMP10 on the same system without any problem.
      If you were registered you probably need to request a new registration link for your re-installation. Follow the instructions here:
      Re-issue registered version of dBpowerAMP can be downloaded from this page: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/ Enter your Order reference / receipt number when asked, a download link is then presented. Lost your order number? visit the above link to lookup.

Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

No, WMP 9 is part of SP2 for Windows XP. WMP 10 is an add-on that is installed separately.

Comment

• maeve
          • Feb 2005

Hi, I must be doing the wrong thing. It used to work but since reinstall I get the message that windows media codec should be installed. I done that but still get the message! I have worked out how to reregister. Thanks

Comment

• maeve
            • Feb 2005

Everything seems OK now, the codec didn't install he first couple of times, but is now OK. Thanks

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LtData
              No, WMP 9 is part of SP2 for Windows XP. WMP 10 is an add-on that is installed separately.
              He-he! It depends when and how you bought you pc. Lately they come with XP & SP2 & WMP 10 bundled, and a restore disk rather than a Windows install disk . Ther restore disk will put back the original installation with WMP 10 and no WMP 9 is available to roll back to it seems.

Comment

Working...

]]>