title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CanI use dbPowerAmp with vinyl?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 57bluesman
    • Dec 2005

CanI use dbPowerAmp with vinyl?

I want to get some vinyl into my computer to put onto cd, the LP's aren't available on cd. Do I understand that this product is capable of capturing the audio from the records so that I can then burn them to cd.

My next question will be, please if this is the wrong forum, bump me to the correct one and email me to let me know.

Right now I've been using Cool edit to do cassettes and it works pretty good. I thought if I could learn a new one then more knowledge for me. Though I haven't quite figured out where I'm going to get a turntable and a relatively inexpensive amp to boost the signal. One thing at a time.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers

Mike
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: CanI use dbPowerAmp with vinyl?

See these threads for more information:
    I'm using XP Home on a new Dell computer. I've ripped CDs, streaming audio, and cassettes with Aux Input with good success. When I try a vinyl LP, I get problems. Recording from the headphone jack, the LP volume between tracks will not get low enough for either me or Aux Input to recognize the gap. If I copy the LP to a

i was wondering if anyone knew of any antipop software that works quite well. im recording some old vinyl :p of my dads and its in the era of 1970 - 1980 so the records are in good shape, just theres hiss and some pops, so i wanted to know of some good software to get rid off it without sacrificing audio quality. minimal is

Short answer: dMC has the capability to record anything that you input to the computer, but there are programs specifically designed for this and help to filter out things like hissing and popping. What would be the best idea would be to use one of these special programs to output the file to WAV and then use dMC to encode it to your preferred compress standard.

Comment

• 57bluesman
      • Dec 2005

Re: CanI use dbPowerAmp with vinyl?

Thanks for the reply and the links, I'll get on it right away.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Working...

]]>