title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How can I Split a large monkey file to fit on 2 CDs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daytripper
    • Aug 2004

How can I Split a large monkey file to fit on 2 CDs

The title says it all. I have a 1.5 hour monkey audio file, and want to put it on 2 CDs. How?

Pete :blush:
    Last edited by Daytripper; September 24, 2005, 11:31 AM.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: How can I Split a large monkey file to fit on 2 CDs

Use dMC to conver it to WAV and then you can either use the "Trim" PowerPack DSP to trim off the second half and then convert again, trimming off the second half, or the easy way: use Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

If you were to store this track in monkey's format, you would not have to split the file.
      But I assume you want to convert it to CD format to play on a regular cd.

The surgical way would be to convert your monkeys file to wave and use a wave editing program to split the tracks (you might make two wave copies remove the "tail" version of the first and the "lead" version of the second making sure you do the cut at the same spot on both). Then you can burn one cd from each file.

If you can determine where you want to make the cut, you could also convert the monkeys file twice (once for the lead portion and once for the tail portion) using the Trim dsp effect. Then burn each file to cd.

Make sure in both cases that you save your original monkeys file. In both cases check out your files (especially the beginning and ending parts) to make sure you have the breaks the way you want them on both files.

Best wishes,
      Bill
      Last edited by xoas; September 23, 2005, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Daytripper
        • Aug 2004

Thanks folks, for replying so swiftly, I downloaded Audacity and it worked a treat.
        Many thanks

Cheers

Pete :smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>