title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping CD with multiple Artists

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Discipline4ever
    • Aug 2005

Ripping CD with multiple Artists

Hey,

How do I rip a CD with multiple artists on it? All my files get named Various - Artist - Title.mp3 and I want the 'various' out of it since the tag also contains the same info. This means more work for me and I can't find anything about it in the 'missing' manual
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping CD with multiple Artists

First, when you insert a compilation cd in your drive, open up audio cd input and get your Freedb information, do you see artist information anywhere? Is it in the track column, perhaps along with the track title?
    If it is not there, you may want to see if you can find other entries for your album in the Freedb database.
    Assuming the information is present (say with track/artist listed in the track column and various artists listed in the artist column) then either you have the Power Pack or you don't.
    If you do have the Power Pack click on the button that reads Compilation (on the menu bar which also contains you controls for playing your tracks, on the right hand side). Now either the track column should read with track titles and the artist column will read with the artist titles (in which case you are ok), or you will have artist information in the column for track information and track information in the column for artist information. In this second caase, click on compilation again and you should be ok.

If you do not have Power Pack, you have two options that you might find helpful. First, you can right-click on each artist entry, select re-name and manually enter the artist name for each entry. If the track information entries have track/artist information you will probably want to edit the track information for each track as well.

The other thing you might want to consider is to change your tagging scheme for this type of cd from artist-track to album-track. You can do this by clicking on the Options button in the Audio CD Input window and change your File Creation criteria. This is quicker but may leave you with Various Artist where you would want to have the actual artist displayed.

As for the "missing" manual, there is a lot of information available in the on-line help files Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Help and checking the Help files for whatever component you are working with (in this case >dMC Audio CD Input Help). The latest beta version of dMC features easier access to help files for many components. You should find these help files useful although they may not answer all your questions.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>