title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I convert dat files to mpg or wmv

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • southern_starnz
    • Aug 2005

How do I convert dat files to mpg or wmv

Hi everyone

I just would like to know how to convert .dat files to either mpg or wmv, is there a program i need to use?

thanks in advance
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I convert dat files to mpg or wmv

If this is an audio vcd file with a .dat format then dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) might be able to help you convert this. To do this, download and install dMC (if you do not already have it) and download and install the vcd codec from Codec Central (tab at top of page).

If this .dat file has video content, please be advised thar dMC (and the other dBpowerAMP programs) do not handle video content. If you know these to be video files you will need a program designed to work with video programs. A little browsing found one such program, Advanced X Video Converter, with a link here:
    This guide describes how to convert VCD/DAT to WMV/Zune in 3 easy steps with Advanced X Video Converter.

I have no knowledge of or experience with this program, so I cannot vouch for it one way or the other. I am not sure about other video programs.

There is a link in this forum regarding a program called VirtualDub which can handle video conversion although I again have no knowledge or personal experience with this program either. For more information about VirtualDub, you might want to check out their webpage here:

If you only want to get the audio from these files (and if the VCD codec does not work, we do have a posting on how to use VirtualDub to help achieve this here:
    written by: totalXSive You can't do the whole process with dMC yet, you need to download an extra program to extract the audio. Simply follow these 5 steps: 1. Go to http://www.virtualdub.org/ and download VirtualDub 1.4 - it's free open source software and is only 691KB. 2. Extract the VirtualDub files to a folder

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>