title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How Do I Burn An MP3 Disc With No Gaps Between Tracks?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpste
    • Aug 2005

How Do I Burn An MP3 Disc With No Gaps Between Tracks?

Hiya! New to this site - just got db converter recently.

I want to end up with MP3 versions of several mix CDs on one CD. Each converted mix CD should be burned so that there are no gaps between the tracks, so you get a seamless transition between adjacent tracks. I don't want to rip the CDs as one big file, as then I wouldn't be able to access individual tracks. Each converted CD should be in a seperate folder.

Can I do this with db CD writer? Can't get Nero to do it so if db CD writer will do it I'll get that!

Any comments muchly appreciated - thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How Do I Burn An MP3 Disc With No Gaps Between Tracks?

CD Writer is not able to burn gapless, sorry.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

MP3 discs, or any type of data discs, shouldn't add pauses between the tracks. Only when your burning an audio CD would gaps possibly be added.
      To remove the pause in Nero, add your songs to an Audio CD, then highlight them all EXCEPT for the first one, go to properties, and set the gap to "0" seconds. I say ignore the first one because apparently the CD spec requires a 2 second pause before the first track. Nero will notify you of this and change it for you after you accept a dialog box.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

You may run into an issue with your mp3 files adding a slight pause between tracks. If that is a problem you will want to use the Blade codec which is gapless.

You may want to check out the information contained in these related links here:
        Just curious as to how CD Writer handles gapping. Some CD's I have are single tracks and sound fine after buning them. I also have some continuous mix CD's I'd like to burn. Haven't done them yet. Wanted to ask here how the software would handle this. I notice there is no option to check for 2-second gaps like there is on every

I have many FLAC & SHN live concerts. While listening to audio CDs of these files there is a jump or brief gap between each track. Is there a way for a burn an audio CD with smooth track transition using dbpoweramp? Codec D/L, special setting? How is it that live "official CDs" are able to have smooth track

There is something that bugged me for years now but I did not find a sulotion yet: If you convert live CD live tracks to mp3 they will give you a couple of ms silence at the beginning and at the end of the track. Therefore on playback you get little "dropouts" from track to track. That is expecially ugly on live

Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

• mpste
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by LtData
          MP3 discs, or any type of data discs, shouldn't add pauses between the tracks. Only when your burning an audio CD would gaps possibly be added.
          So does that mean that, on a CD full of MP3 files, the gaps that I hear whe I play it back are added by the player, not the recorder?

Thanks for the rest of the info guys - will go and have a play to see what happens.

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

Some players do not support gapless playback, so they CAN create gaps on gapless recordings. Mp3 (except for wav) does insert small gaps and this may be a feature of some (but not all) other formats as well.

Best wishes,
            Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>