title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

m4a files problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomcobbe
    • May 2005

m4a files problem

I am trying to upload some m4a files that I had burnt onto a DVD from a Mac. The poweramp is not recognising them even though I have downloaded the m4a codec. Please help.
    Also could someone explain whether itunes will read ape files and whether poweramp can read apple lossless.
    Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: m4a files problem

Perhaps they are m4p (itunes protected).

>itunes will read ape files

No

>and whether poweramp can read apple lossless.

Yes, see beta forum >> m4a codec
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tomcobbe
      • May 2005

Dear Spoon,
      Thanks for getting back to me. I have checked the properties of the files that I couldn't play and they haven't got the "p" in the file extension so I assume they aren't protected, so am now rather :confused:

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by tomcobbe
        Dear Spoon,
        Thanks for getting back to me. I have checked the properties of the files that I couldn't play and they haven't got the "p" in the file extension so I assume they aren't protected, so am now rather :confused:
        Don't assume that. Anybody can give any extension they want to any file and it really doesn't mean anything at all. Changing the extension doesn't change the type of file it is, but it sure can confuse everybody, including many players.

It's very probable the file is protected, regardless of the extension.

Comment

Working...

]]>