title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MP3 to AAC.. HELP! HELP! HELP!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hans-j�rgen

• Sep 2004

Re: MP3 to AAC.. HELP! HELP! HELP!

It would be good if dBpowerAMP could choose the desired tagging format for .aac files like the CLI interface in foobar2000 can, because it's rather unlikely that Nokia and other mobile phone manufacturers like Sony Ericsson or Motorala will ever support APEv2 tags on .aac files. Is there a possibility to change the tagging format in a separate config file like you can do it for the file extensions when using FAAC for encoding? That would probably be the easiest and fastest solution, although adding a GUI option surely looks nicer.

Comment

• Croog

Originally posted by hans-j�rgen
      It would be good if dBpowerAMP could choose the desired tagging format for .aac files like the CLI interface in foobar2000 can, because it's rather unlikely that Nokia and other mobile phone manufacturers like Sony Ericsson or Motorala will ever support APEv2 tags on .aac files. Is there a possibility to change the tagging format in a separate config file like you can do it for the file extensions when using FAAC for encoding? That would probably be the easiest and fastest solution, although adding a GUI option surely looks nicer.
      Yes, I completely agree.

And resolve problem, when Psytel AAC Codec crash sometimes.. :(

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Noted, that codec needs to be updated to the new tagging standard that allows this.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Is a mp3 a mpga???
          Isn't it the same thing?

Comment

• Unregistered

does anyone know where i can get a acc converter???
            my itunes do not convert my files into them :(

Comment

• xoas
              dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Is a mp3 a mpga???
              Isn't it the same thing?
              No they are not.

Comment

• xoas
                dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

does anyone know where i can get a acc converter???
                Do you mean an AAC converter?
                If you do mean ACC converter can you tell me what type of program uses or creates these files?
                And once we get straight on what file format we are talking about can you tell me whether you are trying to convert to or from these format and the format and settings for the other end of your conversion (for the files you are trying to convert to aac/acc/whatever or for the files you are trying to create from your aac/acc/whatever files).

Best wishes,
                Bill Mikkelsen
                Last edited by xoas; October 22, 2004, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by xoas
                  Do you mean an AAC converter?
                  If you do mean ACC converter can you tell me what type of program uses or creates these files?
                  And once we get straight on what file format we are talking about can you tell me whether you are trying to convert to or from these format and the format and settings for the other end of your conversion (for the files you are trying to convert to aac/acc/whatever or for the files you are trying to create from your aac/acc/whatever files).

Best wishes,
                  Bill Mikkelsen
                  I want to make my "mps", "wavs", and other music files into acc music files and keep them as "acc files". I want to find a program to turn my files into "acc files". I really don't know how to convert music into different formats, I am just looking for a program which can convert my music into "acc files" or "mp3 files". Because none of my songs can be transferred into itunes. And "acc files" are better quaility then "mp3 files" right?

Even if its not "acc files" itunes can convert "mp3 files" into "acc files". I can either use "acc" converter (better so itunes does not become a pain in the ass" or "mp3" converter.

Thank you for your help guys or girls. =p

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    I want to make my "mps", "wavs", and other music files into acc music files and keep them as "acc files". I want to find a program to turn my files into "acc files". I really don't know how to convert music into different formats, I am just looking for a program which can convert my music into "acc files" or "mp3 files". Because none of my songs can be transferred into itunes. And "acc files" are better quaility then "mp3 files" right?

Even if its not "acc files" itunes can convert "mp3 files" into "acc files". I can either use "acc" converter (better so itunes does not become a pain in the ass" or "mp3" converter.

Thank you for your help guys or girls. =p

Umm sorry i forgot. Its "aac" files. Thanks for correcting me becasue I was wondering what "aac" was. =p

I can use MP3 (32 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Audible, AIFF, Apple Lossless, WAV as the files to use on itunes.

THank you again guys or girls for your help.

Comment

• xoas
                      dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

I have not worked with iTunes.
                      Will it not convert files in the formats you named to AAC?
                      It is not exactly true that AAC files are "better quality" than mp3 files. Both are considered "lossy" formats. AAC might provide better quality than an mp3 of the same bitrate if they both were ripped from the same source. On the other hand, an AAC file created by converting an mp3 file to AAC will actually be somewhat lower quality than the original mp3. So if iTunes will directly accept mp3 files, you are better off letting iTunes handle these as mp3 rather than converting them to AAC.

dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) will let you convert files to AAC if you have a codec to read the file and the AAC codec from Codec Central (link at top of page). You will also need to install the AAC/MP4 decoder if you want to maintain your tag information. (There may be a problem with iTunes reading your converted tag information). dMC also has a codec for Apple Lossless (which would create perfect copies of your original mp3 files but also take up a lot more space.

Hope this helps. Send us a post if you run into trouble.
                      Best wishes,
                      Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by xoas
                        I have not worked with iTunes.
                        Will it not convert files in the formats you named to AAC?
                        It is not exactly true that AAC files are "better quality" than mp3 files. Both are considered "lossy" formats. AAC might provide better quality than an mp3 of the same bitrate if they both were ripped from the same source. On the other hand, an AAC file created by converting an mp3 file to AAC will actually be somewhat lower quality than the original mp3. So if iTunes will directly accept mp3 files, you are better off letting iTunes handle these as mp3 rather than converting them to AAC.

dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) will let you convert files to AAC if you have a codec to read the file and the AAC codec from Codec Central (link at top of page). You will also need to install the AAC/MP4 decoder if you want to maintain your tag information. (There may be a problem with iTunes reading your converted tag information). dMC also has a codec for Apple Lossless (which would create perfect copies of your original mp3 files but also take up a lot more space.

Hope this helps. Send us a post if you run into trouble.
                        Best wishes,
                        Bill Mikkelsen
                        Thanks alot.
                        All i had to do was just use dbpoweramp and change my files into mp3. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• vijayks

• Mar 2006

I want a converter which converts mp3 to aac

Comment

• ChristinaS
                            dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by vijayks
                            mp3 to aac converter
                            That's available, look in Codec Central.

Comment

Working...

]]>