title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

.asx to .mp3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Re: .asx to .mp3?

well i tried save media as in windows media player but media player says
    before i even play the file that:

Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unregistered
      well i tried save media as in windows media player but media player says
      before i even play the file that:

Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.
      Let us assume that Windows Media Player doesn't lie. You must have somehow copied the url of the file wrong, or indeed that file no longer exists at that location, or the site is down.

Oh, I assume at the time you're trying this that you are in fact connected to the internet.

So maybe you can post here the contents of the original asx file. Open it in Notepad, do CTRL+A and then paste it in here and we'll take a look.

Comment

• Unregistered

[Reference]
        Ref1=http://a420.v8383d.c8383.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/420/8383/3b858b51/mtvrdstr.download.akamai.com/8512/wmp/4/308/11578_1_11_04.asf

Ref2=http://63.123.44.154:80/7/420/8383/3b858b51/mtvrdstr.download.akamai.com/8512/wmp/4/308/11578_1_11_04.asf

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Ok, that's a playlist from a streaming server. You can't copy anything from here. What you can do is copy this url to your addres bar in the browser or just click on it here.

This will play it in WIndows Media Player. Stop it, but don't close the player.

Open dMC Auxiliary Input, select your options (I recommend saving to wav first), and start recording and then play the song in WIndows Media. At the end you stop the recording and you have a saved audio file.

If you saved the audio file to wav, you can then use dMC to convert it to anything you want.

BTW, I did this conversion already myself, so it works
          Last edited by ChristinaS; 05-29-2004, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Unregistered

it says : Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.
            when try to play the file
            and where do i get that auxiliry input and what is it?

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

Please just read the documentation at the top of this forum for Music Converter and Codec Central. It gives you everything you need to know about dMC and Auxiliary Input. As the saying goes: "Just do it!"

The link I gave you in my previous post to the asf file that you want to convert, works in my version of Windows Media Player (v 9). All you need to do is click on it or right click and Copy shortcut and then paste it into your browser's address bar. If you're using an older version of WIndows Media Player, it may not work, then you should upgrade it from Microsoft.

Also in Windows Media Player use Options>File Types> and Select All in order to make WMP you default player for most types of audio files. Other players like Real Player or Winamp tend to hijack this spot, you have to be aware of this, as a possible fix when something doesn't quite work.

Comment

• Unregistered

im sorry but something here is wrong see i have the latest version of wmp 9
                i copy shortcut paste it in my adress bar then im asked whether to play the file on my browser or wmp i put wmp but then wmp is trying to connect to the file and like always it says:

there is nothing wrong with my media player or my internet explorer browser
                or my computer so i dont understand what the problem is
                im going to redownlad the file and try again just to see because i like dbpoweramp and i want to use it not some other converter

Comment

• Unregistered

christina would u like me to send u the file? maybe over mail or something so you could experiment with for yourself?

Comment

• Unregistered

by the way christina thanks for the major help on this i just hpoe we can do this

Comment

• Razgo
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

the link works for me. is it the "big pimpin" by j-z?

Comment

• ChristinaS
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Razgo
                        the link works for me. is it the "big pimpin" by j-z?
                        Yes, this is what it is.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Apr 2004

by the way christina thanks for the major help on this i just hpoe we can do this
                          YW. You can do it.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Apr 2004

im sorry but something here is wrong see i have the latest version of wmp 9
                            i copy shortcut paste it in my adress bar then im asked whether to play the file on my browser or wmp i put wmp but then wmp is trying to connect to the file and like always it says:

there is nothing wrong with my media player or my internet explorer browser
                            or my computer so i dont understand what the problem is
                            im going to redownlad the file and try again just to see because i like dbpoweramp and i want to use it not some other converter
                            Like I said: start WIndows Media Player all by itself and go and fix the file types in Tools>Options>File Types where you use Select all and then OK.

Then come back to this forum thread and simply click on the link I gave here, don't bother to copy and paste into the browser because you might be dropping characters at the begining or at the end. Just click on the link I gave you here higher up in the thread. This should open WIndows Media Player and play it for you.

BTW, by doing this you are not using the file you have downloaded at all, so don't bother with that. The link takes you directly to the location where the actual audio file is stored and streamed from.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Apr 2004

christina would u like me to send u the file? maybe over mail or something so you could experiment with for yourself?
                              No, I have already experimented for myself with this same file. Now I want YOU to do it for yourself :smile2:

Comment

• Unregistered

yes it big pimpin by jz

Comment

Working...

]]>