title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I manage and sync my Playlists.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nygren
    • Sep 2023

How do I manage and sync my Playlists.

Hello,

I keep all my music in a root folder and which I mirror to the various applications or devices I choose to listen to my music. I am looking for an app to manage my playlists. The paths are different to wherever I listen to my music so I need to know what you use to sync and manage this. Thank you!
  • nygren
    • Sep 2023

Re: How do I manage and sync my Playlists.

Originally posted by simbun
    As long as you use relative paths in your playlist you should be fine.

Playlist Creator and MusicBee are decent options for playlist creation/management.
    The relative path info is interesting but I need to be able to import an m3u or other playlist file and make the conversions? Thanks!

Comment

• schmidj
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2013

Marylisa, your "solution" rather defeats the purpose of this software, which is to use the CDs you already own by ripping them and storing the files on your device or another device networked to your device. Why should I be paying one of these services when I already own the music I like. In my case, my taste in music is very different than the music on these services, they have very few tracks in my favorite genres. Additionally, using these services basically requires unlimited data on your device's Internet connection. That can be expensive for many people, and if you live in many rural areas, may be unavailable, due to lack of good cell and wired Internet coverage. And, if you have the storage space, you can listen to better quality audio by ripping your own library.

Comment

• GBrown
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by schmidj
        Marylisa, your "solution" rather defeats the purpose of this software...
        Agreed. Although the two posts back to back after just signing up look eerily like some kind of AI response. So not surprised that both miss the mark when it comes to specialized software like this.

Comment

• schmidj
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2013

GBrown, actually after my post I looked back in the thread and had exactly the same thought, an AI bot, typical AI response... Thanks

I was thinking, as an improved feature for dBpa music/batch converter, it might be nice to have a DSP routine which would generate a playlist. There is such a routine for the ripper, but it apparently doesn't work with the converter, after the CD is already ripped. And that one generates a separate M3U for each rip, not a playlist of a bunch of tracks, a much more useful item.

Another piece of Spoon's software which could become a useful playlist generator would be TuneFusion. You can create playlists in mp3tag, but the routine for adding folders is awkward for creating playlists. The dBpa batch converter or TuneFusion, which use the (+,-) means of opening/closing folders would be much more user friendly.

Hey, Spoon, if you are listening/reading, possibly add this to the wish lists...

Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>