title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I use JRiver Discogs to tag full Reiner RCA Box Set?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddeloria
    • Jul 2017

How do I use JRiver Discogs to tag full Reiner RCA Box Set?

I was amazed to find in Discogs the exact full Tag info for every one of the 63 CDs in my Fritz Reiner RCA Box Set (https://www.discogs.com/Fritz-Reiner...elease/6018385). But when I ripped the discs dbpoweramp unexplainably followed the actual disk tags, ignoring the correct Discogs full box tags. By ignoring the Discogs full box data dbpoweramp totally scrambled the metadata and my files are now a total mess, useless for any easy access. Please tell me how to alert dbpoweramp that the next disks to be ripped belong to a box set (RCA Red Seal &*8206;– 88883701982) and it should attach the correct info for all of the next CDs.

I am in awe of all the powerful features of dbpoweramp, but ask you for the tools to handle this box set and several others that I wish to move into disk access. I always purchase them full price to support the artists, but want easy access via computer on my home system.

Thank you,
    Dennis Deloria
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I use JRiver Discogs to tag full Reiner RCA Box Set?

Often box sets are also released as single CDs, there is no provision in dBpoweramp to specify which set a CD belongs to from Discogs.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jailhouse
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2016

Re: How do I use JRiver Discogs to tag full Reiner RCA Box Set?

Multi-disc compilation releases (not necessarily box sets) are sometimes merely a collection of several earlier single-disc releases. I have been surprised on a number of occasions.

I closely check the metadata of these kind of releases and manually adjust tags as needed to get the desired results. It's nice when one can automatically retrieve the correct metadata, but the record companies sometimes unwittingly subvert the process.

Comment

Working...

]]>