title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

long filenames

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick pet
    • Jan 2017

long filenames

Hi, I am using dbpoweramp and the ripping program with the RipNAS gear I bought from HFX, Vienna, Austria.
    Ripping is fine, but from time to time the rippin is regarded insecure. To my opinion the reason is not related to the content of the file but only to a the lenght of the file name. I have no problens, moving the file from the insecure to the respective music folder.

Will this annoying problem be solved?

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: long filenames

Insecure means the ripper thinks the audio is not 100% correct, nothing to do with long filenames,
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
      Insecure means the ripper thinks the audio is not 100% correct, nothing to do with long filenames,
      even though you can move the files and play them OK, they may be insecure. I have CD rips that have some tracks marked as insecure yet I can't hear any problems with them on playback. This is because the insecure parts may in reality be a few frames that are a milisecond in length and not audible. But as Spoon says, the file name length has nothing to do with the rip being insecure. And note that insecure is not "error".

Comment

• nick pet
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by garym
        even though you can move the files and play them OK, they may be insecure. I have CD rips that have some tracks marked as insecure yet I can't hear any problems with them on playback. This is because the insecure parts may in reality be a few frames that are a milisecond in length and not audible. But as Spoon says, the file name length has nothing to do with the rip being insecure. And note that insecure is not "error".
        Thanks for the profound answer confirming also my experience of "normal" playback of any ripped "insecure" file.

Comment

Working...

]]>