title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Do I need a separate music player?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peter L
    • Jan 2017

Do I need a separate music player?

Just ripped my first music CD and went to my music folder to play it back as a test. Got a message that Windows 7 didn't recognize FLAC. Do I need to download a separate music player and if so can anyone suggest a good one?
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Do I need a separate music player?

Originally posted by Peter L
    Just ripped my first music CD and went to my music folder to play it back as a test. Got a message that Windows 7 didn't recognize FLAC.
    I suspect that the message was not from Windows 7, rather Windows Media Player. WMP does not support flac files without additional software, i.e. an additional audio codec.

If you are about to embark on building an audio library, I would not recommend using Windows Media Player, as it messes with the tags and artwork.

Originally posted by Peter L
    Do I need to download a separate music player and if so can anyone suggest a good one?
    Yes, try Foobar2000.

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Re: Do I need a separate music player?

Originally posted by mville
      I suspect that the message was not from Windows 7, rather Windows Media Player. WMP does not support flac files without additional software, i.e. an additional audio codec.

If you are about to embark on building an audio library, I would not recommend using Windows Media Player, as it messes with the tags and artwork.

Yes, try Foobar2000.
      I second foobar2000 as a windows audio player.

Comment

Working...

]]>