title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

From DSF to DSD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foppie
    • Jan 2015

From DSF to DSD

Hello everybody

At first I am an audiophile, but a dummie with the computer!! So I apoligize for stupid behaviour in this case...

I earlier asked if it was possible to rip SACD's with DB Poweramp. No useable answer followed... so it was a stupid question. Now I realize that. But in the meantime I have managed to rip SACD's with a hacked old PS 3, generating DSF files.
    Now the question: How can i convert these DSF files to DSD. I know, reading threads on the forum, that is possible. But, as I said, I am a terrible dummie, and from the Dutch language, and I am not able to understand and implement the offered solutions.
    So I ask everybody to help me to convert DSF naar DSD. I already downloaded the DSD codec (if it went right) but in the listing of 'RIP TO':..... there appears no DSD as far as I understand.

Many thanks in advance

Foppie
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: From DSF to DSD

You don't have to rip to DSD (ripping is the igital read out of a CD), but to convert to DSD. Please have a look at Batch Converter or Music Converter.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

DSF is DSD, it is the file format containing DSD.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• foppie
        • Jan 2015

Hi Spoon

Yet a further question. I have converted a DSF file to DSD, resulting in a FLAC file, NOT DSD. Is that wrong? if so, what did I wrong?

Foppie

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp will not encode DSD files, it can decode the DSD and encode a flac file, this is probably what you have done.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• foppie
            • Jan 2015

Hi Spoon or others

So I did it wrong.

Again I will explain my issue: I have the content of a ripped SACD, resulting in DSF files. Normally, until now, I ripped the CDA-layer of my SACD's and in that process I also can edit the metadata and covers.
            Can you tell me if this same process is possible with the ripped SACD content either in my C\Music map or on a USB-stick? And if possible, how should I do that?

Please simple answers (I am a dummie with ICT !!)

Thanks in advance
            Foppie

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Right click on the DSF file >> Edit ID Tags
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• foppie
                • Jan 2015

Hello Spoon

Yel still another issue:
                I have a certain ripped album >DSF file with 12 tracks. But the recorded volume is too high compared to other in the library. And now, using your program to rip normal CD's it has the possibility to normalize the volume for a complete album. But that isn't possible with a ripped album>12DSF tracks, right? Hope I am wrong.....

Could you help with this issue either?
                Foppie

By the way; I don't receive email when someone answers my thread

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

It is not possible volume normalize DSD tracks.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>