title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Maintaining the Folder Structure When Batch Converting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neilsharpe
    • Feb 2016

Maintaining the Folder Structure When Batch Converting

How do I convert my entire library whislt maintaining the folder structre i.e. artist, album, song. Currently, when I convert, the artist folder is created but the album folders are not meaning that all the songs from multiple albums are placed into one folder.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

PS: I have experimented with the settings i.e. convert folder and subfolders etc but none of these seem to make any difference.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Maintaining the Folder Structure When Batch Converting

Originally posted by neilsharpe
    How do I convert my entire library whislt maintaining the folder structre i.e. artist, album, song. Currently, when I convert, the artist folder is created but the album folders are not meaning that all the songs from multiple albums are placed into one folder.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

PS: I have experimented with the settings i.e. convert folder and subfolders etc but none of these seem to make any difference.
    In the dynamic naming section of your convert screen, use something like this, while also changing the "folder" just above the dynamic naming row to what you want it to be. You may need several [trimfirstfolder] commands to get it how you want it. For each of those, you need a set of "[]" at the end.

folder you want
    [trimfirstfolder][origpath]\[origfilename][]

So, for example, if you have a bunch of FLAC files in:

c:\music\flac\The Beatles\Abbey Road\01 - Something.flac

make your folder "mp3" and use the dynamic naming above and it should come out as:

c:\music\mp3\The Beatles\Abbey Road\01 - Something.mp3

Play around a bit with the "trimfirstfolder" to get it right based on your structure. Then you'll be able to batch convert and keep everything the same except for some upper level directory.

Comment

Working...

]]>