title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

QNAP and Asset upnp server

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unilite
    • Dec 2015

QNAP and Asset upnp server

Apologies if this is the wrong forum - my first post.
    I'm just about to buy a QNAP NAS to use as a FLAC server streaming to my hifi, and wanted to use Asset as the Server software. However, I queried a couple of points with QNAP before buying and they say that "We are not supporting that App anymore, we have stopped it".

Does anyone know if I can still manually load and use Asset on QNAP (as opposed to loading it direct from the QNAP app store as per the DBPoweramp instruction page?

Many thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: QNAP and Asset upnp server

We have never offered from the App store, it has always been a manual load on all QNAPs.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• unilite
      • Dec 2015

Ok thanks for the response, sorry about the incorrect terminology - having looked again at the instructions for QNAP I see it is a manual installation - basically I just want to be sure that nothing has changed i.e. can I still load Asset UpNp software onto a QNAP NAS by downloading a QPKG add on and be sure it will work? I just don't want to spend quite a bit on a QNAP and then find it will not work with Asset. Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It will work.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>