title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Get The "Built-In" Tagger, To Tag .DSF?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDLehner
    • Apr 2008

Get The "Built-In" Tagger, To Tag .DSF?

I've done a little research, and I can't seem to identify what comes "built-in" with the dbpoweramp package...for tagging.

It looks like it might be, a version of mp3tag; but not sure. It's just always been so easy; right-click, Edit ID Tag...that I never bothered with anything 3rd-party, or to even question it much.

But I don't get the option, to tag my .dsf files; and I'm sure there must be a way to do it...within the confines of this tagger...by now.

Thanks,
    CD
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Get The "Built-In" Tagger, To Tag .DSF?

Originally posted by CDLehner
    I've done a little research, and I can't seem to identify what comes "built-in" with the dbpoweramp package...for tagging.

It looks like it might be, a version of mp3tag; but not sure.
    No, MP3Tag is a different application altogether and is not part of dBpoweramp. MP3Tag supports DSF file tagging and is free software.

It's just always been so easy; right-click, Edit ID Tag...that I never bothered with anything 3rd-party, or to even question it much.

But I don't get the option, to tag my .dsf files; and I'm sure there must be a way to do it...within the confines of this tagger...by now.
    The Edit ID-Tag context menu option is dBpoweramp's tagging tool. However, I am not sure why it does not show on your system when right-clicking on DSF files.

What is your OS/platform? What version of dBpoweramp is installed? Does Edit ID-Tag show for other file formats e.g. flac or mp3?

Comment

• CDLehner
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by mville
      No, MP3Tag is a different application altogether and is not part of dBpoweramp. MP3Tag supports DSF file tagging and is free software.

The Edit ID-Tag context menu option is dBpoweramp's tagging tool. However, I am not sure why it does not show on your system when right-clicking on DSF files.

What is your OS/platform? What version of dBpoweramp is installed? Does Edit ID-Tag show for other file formats e.g. flac or mp3?
      I'm on Win7 Home Premium; I actually installed dBpoweramp 15.3, thinking that might do the trick.

Yes...as I said; I just right-click all other files (99% FLAC), and I get my Edit ID Tag option...but not on my .dsf

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

I'm on Win7 Home Premium; I actually installed dBpoweramp 15.3, thinking that might do the trick.

Yes...as I said; I just right-click all other files (99% FLAC), and I get my Edit ID Tag option...but not on my .dsf
        This may be by design, a feature not yet implemented or a bug. Let's see what Spoon has to say.

Comment

• CDLehner
          • Apr 2008

Sorry; I got it.

I don't use dBpoweramp to rip to .dsf; so I never had the codec installed.

I installed the codec, and now I'm good. Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>