title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Restoring dBpa settings no registry key but the rest.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krafty
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2021

Restoring dBpa settings no registry key but the rest.

Hi!

I happened to have reinstalled Windows 10 again as the amount of programs and drivers were making the system funny, with random Explorer hangings.

I backed up the entire %APPDATA%\dBpoweramp folder but I did forget to backup the Illustrate registry key.

Do I still have a chance? I have 1GB of CD metadata, fully tagged. I would also like CD Ripper settings such Profiles and Filename schemes to be restored. I can run AccurateRip configuration again and drive stuff no problem.

What do I exactly lose without this registry key and what exactly becomes useless in %APPDATA% ?

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

They are stored in the registry.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• krafty
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2021

Hi...

That means I need to start all over again?

Comment

• krafty
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Dec 2021

Right. I took a chance. Indeed you will lose the most of it, without the registry key, as Spoon said. Practically everything is in the key. But one thing you can save is the metadata cache - if you have ripped a lot of CDs with detailed tagging information, you do not neet to retype again if you copy the cache back. Notice that when you bring the cache back, don't forget to set that cache size again to whatever it was, for example: mine was 3GB, so it can embrace the old large cache file - it might get written if you forget the cache size smaller than your cache file.

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

Good morning,

Originally posted by krafty
          I have 1GB of CD metadata, fully tagged.
          what do you mean by that? Your (ripped) music files are still tagged with metadata, even though you have lost your settings and your cache. What 1GB metadata are you refering to? I don't understand your problem actually.

Dat Ei

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

note that the cache file with info on metadata for CDs you have ripped only holds info on about the last 50 or so CDs you've ripped. It is not a permanent backup of metadata. I'm not sure why it would be useful to be larger. Once I rip a CD and finalize its metadata, I will never (I hope) rip that CD again.

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dat Ei
              Good morning,

what do you mean by that? Your (ripped) music files are still tagged with metadata, even though you have lost your settings and your cache. What 1GB metadata are you refering to? I don't understand your problem actually.

Dat Ei
              If you rip a CD, make a lot of changes to the metadata before finalizing rip, and then come back soon enough to rip that CD again, all your metadata edits will be in the cache and show up for you in the ripper screen. Not sure how useful that is, as once I rip, I'll hopefully never rip that CD again.

Comment

Working...

]]>