title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I change songs to ringtone using dBpoweramp?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Abbey
    • Jul 2015

How do I change songs to ringtone using dBpoweramp?

Previously I used dBpoweramp and created a wave file and sent to my desktop, then I edited the file with sound recorder to shorten song to 30 seconds for ringtone. Then I used dBpoweramp again to convert the new shortened version to mp3 file to use for my ringtone. My dBpoweramp quit working so I have installed the free version to see if this is what I want to buy. I don't really understand the new version of dBpoweramp. I was able to save the wave file to my desktop and I shortened the song with sound recorder, however, when I pull dBpoweramp back up, I don't see desktop option to find the shortened file and save as MP3. Can someone explain how I should be able to accomplish this using the new dBpoweramp program? I want to be able to convert the music file to MP3 after shortening specific sections of the song to use as a ringtone on my phone.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I change songs to ringtone using dBpoweramp?

If you right click on the Wave >> Convert To

then select mp3 (Lame) as the encoder.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Abbey
      • Jul 2015

Re: How do I change songs to ringtone using dBpoweramp?

Thanks so much. I guess I was making it too hard! Previously I had to convert the file to WAVE, shorten the file with sound recorder, then convert the file to MP3 by pulling up dBpoweramp again. It looks like now I use the program to convert to WAVE, then use sound recorder and then right click on the file and convert to MP3. It's just a little different than the way I was used to doing it.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...

]]>