title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Update the tag AccurateRipResult

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Update the tag AccurateRipResult

Good evening,

I hope this is an easy one...

Last year I've ripped "City: Works Of Fiction (Expanded)" of Jon Hassell. At that time this release was brand new. All files have been ripped with secure. The content of the tag AccurateRipResult was and still is "AccurateRip: Not in database Secure: Yes [........]".

In the last days I've begun to use PerfectTunes (v1.7) to find inaccurate tracks. Now I find Jon Hassells box in the list of the accurate ripped albums. I.e.:

Jon Hassell - City: Works Of Fiction (Expanded) [AccurateRip DiscIDs: 009-0012f3b3-008b5825-5e0d3009]
    Track 1: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11 [CRC 83F08508] D:\Musik\Archiv\Jon Hassell\City; Works Of Fiction (Expanded)\1-01 Voiceprint (Blind From The Facts).flac
    Track 2: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11 [CRC E295E23A] D:\Musik\Archiv\Jon Hassell\City; Works Of Fiction (Expanded)\1-02 Pagan.flac

So far, so good. But if I look at the tag AccurateRipResult of the tracks I still see the former content "AccurateRip: Not in database Secure: Yes [........]". Up to now I thought it is one of the PerfectTunes jobs to update this tag.

So how can I update this tag? Or is it just a question how to configure PerfectTunes?

Dat Ei
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Update the tag AccurateRipResult

I've never thought that PerfectTunes had the ability to modify my tags. But it would be nice in this case if the user could be given the option to update AR tag. It seems that with the future PerfectTunes being able to update/correct metadata tagging information, maybe updating the AR tag will become a possibility.

Comment

• Dat Ei
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2014

Hey Gary,

Originally posted by garym
      I've never thought that PerfectTunes had the ability to modify my tags.
      I did not expect PerfectTunes to complete, correct or modify the classical tags, but I've been of the opinion, that those dBpa typical metadata and tags like the accurate rip status would be updated by PerfectTunes.

But it would be nice in this case if the user could be given the option to update AR tag.
      I agree with you. That would make sense for those albums and tracks, that have not been in accurates database at the time of ripping, but made their way in the database at a later date.

It seems that with the future PerfectTunes being able to update/correct metadata tagging information, maybe updating the AR tag will become a possibility.
      Ok, up to now I did not join the Perfect Tunes 2.0 beta test.

@Spoon: Will PT 2.0 update the tag AccurateRipResult?

Dat Ei

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dat Ei
        Ok, up to now I did not join the Perfect Tunes 2.0 beta test.
        I haven't either, so not sure exactly how the metadata checking/options work.

Comment

Working...

]]>