title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

conversion to MP2 (S48)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • druhslawek
    • Dec 2014

conversion to MP2 (S48)

Hi,

first of all, I'm new to all this, so again, my apologies if my question has already been answered elsewhere (I searched, but came up empty): I need something to convert my music files to mpeg2/S48. Having learned that the Mac option won't be available for another several months, I had a go at the Windows version.

Conversion from .wav seems to have worked smoothly, although to my surprise I was offered an option to overwrite my existing file, which means the converter does not change the extension according to the target format? Plus, I have not yet had a chance to play this file so I'm not sure all's good, but for now I assume it is.

However, most of my music is in .mp3 format, and this didn't work. After several seconds I got a message that the conversion failed, plus this (not sure if it's relevant, and described what the error was, but just in case, here it is): [dsmpeg123::FeedDataInMPG123]. My question is - should this (direct conversion from mp3 to mp2) have worked?

cheers
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: conversion to MP2 (S48)

If the source file is .mp3, the mp2 encoder writes a .mp2 file, and you should not get the overwrite message, what extension is shown on the overwrite page?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• druhslawek
      • Dec 2014

Like I said, it didn't even get to this, failed after several seconds. But from your reply I assume it should work, right? I'll have another go, with another file, but just in case - are there any "limitations" to .mp3 files being converted? I mean, mine are fully tagged (contain not only extensive text information, but also artwork, and information written to them by one, and sometimes two, DJ programs (Traktor & Serato, both of which write to tag waveform and volume information, cue points, loops, beat grids, and what not). Can any of this cause any problem?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There is no limitations of mp3.

The encoder should be selected as 'mp2' on the main page.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>