title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WAV tags to FLAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charlest44
    • Nov 2014

WAV tags to FLAC

I have a 1.6TB database of WAV files with .id3 tags. I want to convert all these to FLAC. Is there a way to include the data from the .id3 tags in the newly created FLAC files?

Also, each album on the database is contained in a folder which includes a .jpg of the cover artwork for the album. Can I attach this to the FLAC files too?

Thanks for your help.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: WAV tags to FLAC

Explain .id3 tags? it is in a text file? or embedded in the wave file?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• charlest44
      • Nov 2014

An id3 tag is used to embed information in an MP3 or WAV file. It includes fields such as album, artist, and title. In a WAV album folder there are two separate files for each song, a WAV file (the music) and an .id3 file (the info).

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp will not read this file, sorry.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by charlest44
          An id3 tag is used to embed information in an MP3 or WAV file. It includes fields such as album, artist, and title. In a WAV album folder there are two separate files for each song, a WAV file (the music) and an .id3 file (the info).
          Are you sure that there's actually a separate file for the tags? I'm wondering if you and Spoon are just miscommunicating on terminology, because your first sentence suggests the expected scenario, where the metadata is embedded in the audio file.

Have you tried converting one of these .wav files yet? If they're standard files with standard metadata (as I suspect they probably are), your tags ought to transfer just fine.

Comment

Working...

]]>