title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Questions about the ID3 Tag Editor

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaXimus666
    • Feb 2014

Questions about the ID3 Tag Editor

I use a program called Tag&Rename because it allows me to grab the tag name from the file name and insert it into the Tag of the song like Artist - Song Name. The nice thing is you can do this for an entire folder which may contain hundreds of MP3s in one shot.

Now I just upgraded to dBpoweramp R15 and was wondering if dBpoweramp's Tag Editor has such a function to grab file names from the file name itself and if it can do this for multiple songs like a full folder in one shot.

I would love to not have to rely on 2 programs and keep dBpoweramp for all my needs in this area.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Questions about the ID3 Tag Editor

You need the [Tag From FileName] utility codec, however the 64 bit version does not exist (needed for R15), it should do in the next 2-5 days, if you check Codec Central later it will be updated.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MaXimus666
      • Feb 2014

that's awesome!! I'll check again soon

thanks man

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by MaXimus666
        I would love to not have to rely on 2 programs and keep dBpoweramp for all my needs in this area.
        As handy as that sounds, I think you'll probably still want to stick with your dedicated tag editor. dBp's tagging functions (when properly set up) can go a long way toward getting the tags right upon ripping, but even then, those of us who are sticklers for accuracy and consistency still use a tag editor for review & clean-up.

And for any other post-rip tag manipulation, which is what you appear to be asking about, dBp can't really match the power, functionality, and speed of the better tag editors out there. (Which is fine.....I don't believe it was ever meant to be a tag editor.)

Comment

• MaXimus666
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
          As handy as that sounds, I think you'll probably still want to stick with your dedicated tag editor. dBp's tagging functions (when properly set up) can go a long way toward getting the tags right upon ripping, but even then, those of us who are sticklers for accuracy and consistency still use a tag editor for review & clean-up.

And for any other post-rip tag manipulation, which is what you appear to be asking about, dBp can't really match the power, functionality, and speed of the better tag editors out there. (Which is fine.....I don't believe it was ever meant to be a tag editor.)
          thanks for your honest advice dawg! I'll keep on using Tag&Rename FTW then

Comment

Working...

]]>