title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tagging - Keyword Field

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Balderick
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2013

Tagging - Keyword Field

I'm new to all this digital storage and archiving, databasing , etc.

I've used JRiver Media Centre and found a field in their tagging area for KEYWORDS. I thought, "Hey' now this makes sense" basically a variable way to sort and search through my music.

I cannot find any such thing in dBPoweramp CD Ripper / Asset / Perfect Tunes. Am I missing it? Does it Exist? Am I on a wrong track here, maybe there is another way to do this that I'm missing....

It would be particularly useful especially with Classical music but not without value pretty much anywhere. Let's just say that a particular Genre isn't well represented in my collection, but certain aspects of the music are and THAT is what I am wanting to listen to.

Say I want to listen to CHRISTMAS MUSIC that has a COUNTRY Twist, only sung by FEMALES. or
    CLASSICAL MUSIC, from the BAROQUE period, primarily HARPSICHORD from the label NAXOS...... etc, etc

Speaking of which, how about having the record LABEL as a common item? I'm sure I saw it once but cannot find it again.

Is this asking too much? I'm not thinking so what with the ability of these newfangled computers. :komisch7:
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Tagging - Keyword Field

for FLAC files (and maybe others) you can create any custom tags you'd like and put whatever you want in them. And some players are better about using custom tags than others. EDIT. And right click on one of the files that jriver put KEYWORD tag in and see what dbpa calls that tag. right click on file, select EDIT ID TAG, and see what tags are there.
    Last edited by garym; January 25, 2014, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Balderick
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2013

Thanks garym.

I'll do that. One of the best parts of the KEYWORD field was that it took any number of words separated by comma. Media Centre was then able to find any number of keywords via a dropdown list with checkboxes. Kind of wish BubbleUPnP (Android Tablet) playing via ASSET was this capable. I'm sure I've just got more to learn, but it would be nicer if this stuff was more intuitive and relatively laid out.

I'll look into your suggestion later tomorrow. Sure appreciate the help!

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Balderick
        Thanks garym.

I'll do that. One of the best parts of the KEYWORD field was that it took any number of words separated by comma. Media Centre was then able to find any number of keywords via a dropdown list with checkboxes. Kind of wish BubbleUPnP (Android Tablet) playing via ASSET was this capable. I'm sure I've just got more to learn, but it would be nicer if this stuff was more intuitive and relatively laid out.

I'll look into your suggestion later tomorrow. Sure appreciate the help!
        thanks. keep in mind that some tag fields allow multiple values (and they show up separated by commas, etc.). So likely this keyword field is one of those.

Comment

Working...

]]>