title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

edit tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imwildbill
    • Nov 2013

edit tags

When dBpoweramp merged with Windows it changed my properties view in mp3 files. Now I can't edit them. I use the edit id tag option. I change my tag and then when i press apply I get a message that it can't be changed. I have always been able to tag my mp3 files before. Also when I rip a cd it puts the name of the artist before every track name which I do not want. Can't find a way to change that either. Thanks for any help you can give me. Bill
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: edit tags

If the program says it cannot write the tag itis because it cannot write to the file, perhaps it is read only, or on a network share without the write access rights, or another program might have the file open (and locked)

Comment

• imwildbill
      • Nov 2013

Thank you. Unchecked read only and now can edit tags. Things are simple if you know how! Now if I can figure out how to take the artist name out of the track titles I'll be set. Bill

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by imwildbill
        Now if I can figure out how to take the artist name out of the track titles I'll be set. Bill
        MP3Tag is an excellent tool for this sort of thing.

Comment

• imwildbill
          • Nov 2013

Thank you. I'm checking it out now. Bill

Comment

• Goes To 11
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by mville
            MP3Tag is an excellent tool for this sort of thing.
            Can you give me a concrete example? Like, over Christmas I ripped a lot of old Christmas CDs into a folder just for them. But the genre tags were all over the place, easy listening, pop, etc. Would it be a piece of cake to change all of them to "Christmas" using MP3Tag? Thanks.

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Goes To 11
              Can you give me a concrete example? Like, over Christmas I ripped a lot of old Christmas CDs into a folder just for them. But the genre tags were all over the place, easy listening, pop, etc. Would it be a piece of cake to change all of them to "Christmas" using MP3Tag? Thanks.
              Yes, open folder in mp3tag, select all files, right click, select extended tags, change genre to what you want then save. Done. You can also right click all these files in windows explorer and choose dbpa ID TAG UPDATE (or similar?) and change all tags at once.

Comment

• Goes To 11
                • Dec 2012

Thanks, Gary. I'll likely try the second method first. It seems like MP3Tag doesn't have any downside, except time I'll spend learning to use the most basic functions of a new program, when I haven't learned enough about the ones I'm using already, like dBpoweramp.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Goes To 11
                  Thanks, Gary. I'll likely try the second method first. It seems like MP3Tag doesn't have any downside, except time I'll spend learning to use the most basic functions of a new program, when I haven't learned enough about the ones I'm using already, like dBpoweramp.
                  I think you'd get the hang of mp3tag's basic functions pretty quickly. Because it's so efficient at doing these kinds of simple tasks.....i.e., "mass editing" particular tag(s) for a whole bunch of assorted files....it's definitely worth the few minutes it takes to download & install. And it has the added benefit of many advanced functions that can grow with you, if you ever need them.

Comment

Working...

]]>