title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Verify Physical CD writing is accurate

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ldj325
    • Sep 2013

Verify Physical CD writing is accurate

I have been making physical CD wav back ups of my originals. AccurateRip has always been at a high level of confidence as I am using new or well cared for CDs.

But I've had some question if the actual writing process might occasionally be off due to the physical mechanics of my CD writer. Is there any setting in dBpoweramp that can verify the accuracy of the final product CD?

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Verify Physical CD writing is accurate

You mean the writing offset is off? or something else?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ldj325
      • Sep 2013

I'm not sure there is a problem. But even though the ripping to CD does not report any problems, on playback on my Sony portable CD player there have been a few glitches on multiple CDs. It could be that I am just getting drop outs on the portable player. And some of the drop outs would not be there on playbck on my desktop computer CDP. But one of my early rips to CD had a section of obvious digital distortion or a few seconds that showed up on both players. (Now on that early CD I may not have had the 2nd level "ultra secure" setting checked properly.) The rips within dBpoweramp have always showed a high level of confidence (largely new CDs so far, although the digital distortion was on a hybrid SACD that has been played some). I'm wondering if I could be having a subtle problem with the physical drive in the writing process. I am evaluating dBpoweramp on my "testbed" computer which is an older IBM Thinkpad). I was hoping that there would be some way to "measure" the actual program content on the original CD vs the content on CD copy to see if the computer CD writer is OK. (I'm going on a trip, so I don't have time to listen completely to the CDs I'm making to fully evaluate how the process is working.) Thanks for any help.

PS. If it makes any difference I decided to leave the cache setting at 1024KB on the set up.
      Last edited by ldj325; September 18, 2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Often dropouts on CD-R discs are down to the media (and the CD drive not being able to read the CD correctly), if you put the disc in the pc, rip it and listen to the tracks, if there are no dropouts then the disc was written right.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>