title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Enhanced CD ripping preserving video portion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ldj325
    • Sep 2013

Enhanced CD ripping preserving video portion

I am doing back up CD copies of the Beatles newly remastered Enhanced CDs (with the originals containing some video clips in some sort of text format). So far, just doing "Rip to: Audio CD" I get the audio but no video clips. Using dBpoweramp is there some way to exactly duplicate the CDs so that I get the video clips as well?

If not, can someone give me another suggestion of software that gives me the most "secure" rip while also including the video (and still being fairly easy for a newbie to the ripping world)?

(And Spoon, thanks for your earlier answers.)

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Enhanced CD ripping preserving video portion

The video will likely be just files you can copy by looking at the CD in Windows explorer, and copy / paste to your HDD.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ldj325
      • Sep 2013

Yes I have seen the files you refer to. I was hoping there would be some way get a CD copy that would preserve the video functionality in case I want to take this working copy CD to another computer. Is this possible or not with dBpoweramp?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You should be able to copy the files using Windows Explorer, no special software is required.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ldj325
          • Sep 2013

I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I am not sure I'm getting through (or at least the answer is not getting through to me--so please go slow/simple).

When I put an original enhanced CD (the recent Beatles remastered set being a prime example) I get a menu where I can play the audio CD ADDITIONALLY I get an option to play the mini documentary contained on the CD. (Opening up the CD in Win Explorer shows autorun.inf plus a Quicktime movie and some other files.)

Is there a way with dBpoweramp to make an exact copy CD that will function in the same manner (play mini-doc as well as audio) when put into a computer CD/DVD player and the audio only when in a CDP? (dBpoweramp seems like a great program so far and maybe this is just beyond it's scope at the moment.)

It would be nice to use dBpoweramp due to the secure rip features, but if not possible, are there any other suggestions from anyone on how to accomplish this (with as accurate a rip of the audio as possible)? Thanks.
          Last edited by ldj325; September 19, 2013, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

So you rip a CD, then write a CD-R?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

dbpa does NOT rip video. It rips the audio to create audio files. It sounds like you're looking for something to simply make an exact copy of the disc on a CDR that contains everything on the original (audio and video). I think you'll need a different tool for that.

Comment

• ldj325
                • Sep 2013

To Spoon: Yes.

To garym: I was hoping that somehow I could make an exact copy with all the functionality, but I get it is not possible with dbpa.

Any suggestion on where to go for such a tool, with as good sound quality to the audio rip as possible?

Thanks to you both.
                Last edited by ldj325; September 19, 2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ldj325
                  To Spoon: Yes.

To garym: I was hoping that somehow I could make an exact copy with all the functionality, but I get it is not possible with dbpa.

Any suggestion on where to go for such a tool, with as good sound quality to the audio rip as possible?

Thanks to you both.
                  Google 'create cd iso image'. Lots of tools to make a copy of non-protected CDs.

Comment

• Porcus
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Feb 2007

I have wishlisted this - it would be fairly easy for Spoon to implement a "copy data session" to, say, a .zip in the same folder as the first or last audio track.

Comment

Working...

]]>