title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Adding tracks to CD WAV rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ldj325
    • Sep 2013

Adding tracks to CD WAV rip

New to dBpower amp (21 day trial version) and set up for Secure rip per the excellent set up tutorials.

1. I to want to rip my new commercial CDs to a working back up copy in .wav for playing on my commercial CD players. (Strait copy rips are no problem per "Rip to: Audio CD" in CD Ripper and then use CD Writer for the actual copy.)

But as the destination CD blank has space on it, I would like to add additional .wav files located in a folder on my hard drive. (Currently using my "Win XP test computer" for evaluating dBpoweramp, but if I keep the program I'll put it on my main Windows 7 computer--if that makes any difference.)

I would rather not have to rip the additional files to a CD and then use that to do a multi-CD rip.

Is there some way to point to the folder with the additional .wav's and add that to the CD Writer output for the original CD copy?

2. And for that matter, if I have .wav's or whatever in a folder on my computer, can I use that as the source for my rip and not have to use a physical CD at all?

3. Some of the songs I'd like to add were originally purchased as mp3s from Amazon. If I convert those mp3's to .wav (for including on my new physical CD), will that produce audio fidelity that is similar to the original mp3s?

Sorry if these are basic questions but I've done hours of searching the forum and most of the questions/answers seem much more complex than where I'm at.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Adding tracks to CD WAV rip

1. When CD Writer appears at the end to write the CD, simply drag and drop the additional files onto.
    2. Yes, run CD writer and create a new CD
    3. no need to convert mp3 to wave, as CD writer decodes the mp3 file prior to writing.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>