title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do extract image from mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinni
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2013

How do extract image from mp3

I need to extract album art picture from exising MP3 and add it to FLAC file while ripping the media. Is it possible to extract.

It would also help to copy meta data from existing mp3 songs and incorporate into FLAC file while ripping from CD. Right now I am typing track name/composer/year artist etc.
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: How do extract image from mp3

Originally posted by chinni
    I need to extract album art picture from exising MP3 and add it to FLAC file while ripping the media. Is it possible to extract.

It would also help to copy meta data from existing mp3 songs and incorporate into FLAC file while ripping from CD. Right now I am typing track name/composer/year artist etc.
    I'd suggest you get mp3tag, if you don't have it already. A dedicated tag editor is just a lot more efficient (for some tag manipulations) than trying to stretch dBp's capabilities beyond its designed purpose, post-rip.

In mp3tag, you just select any file with cover art and the "Extract cover..." command creates a separate image file within the album folder. When re-ripping to FLAC, you would use the "Load from file" option.

I don't know of an especially efficient way to transfer tags from one file to another. Again in mp3tag, there are import and export functions that can do it.....that may be your best bet if you have a lot of carefully-groomed & customized tags you really need to preserve. Alternately, taking the time to set up dBp's ID Tag DSP can probably reconstruct most of your tagging scheme. (You can usually get perfectly good album art this way, too, negating the need to create and re-use image files from your existing mp3 files.)

Comment

Working...

]]>