title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to install

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nicolas007
    • Jun 2013

How to install

Sounds crazy but I just purchased the application dBpoweramp Reference R14.4 (Single PC), I executed the Registered.exe from secure.dBpoweramp and then an installation has been made and I did not get any icon with CD ripper. What did I miss? I have nothing except a box called dBpoweramp configuration...
    Thanks in advance.
    Nicolas.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: How to install

Originally posted by nicolas007
    Sounds crazy but I just purchased the application dBpoweramp Reference R14.4 (Single PC), I executed the Registered.exe from secure.dBpoweramp and then an installation has been made and I did not get any icon with CD ripper. What did I miss? I have nothing except a box called dBpoweramp configuration...
    Thanks in advance.
    Nicolas.

go in your windows file explorer to Program Files (x86). Find the ILLUSTRATE folder, then dbpoweramp folder. Then you should see several exe files. Right click and send to desktop and you'll see icons. You want CD RIPPER, BATCH CONVERTER, MUSIC CONVERTER, and CONFIGURATION.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Icons are created in the start menu >> Programs >> dBpoweramp Music Converter
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• nicolas007
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by garym
        go in your windows file explorer to Program Files (x86). Find the ILLUSTRATE folder, then dbpoweramp folder. Then you should see several exe files. Right click and send to desktop and you'll see icons. You want CD RIPPER, BATCH CONVERTER, MUSIC CONVERTER, and CONFIGURATION.
        Thanks a lot. Actually I found the "issue". I just installed it on a new computer I bought yesterday and it is with Windows 8 !! They have made a stupid and messy new interface and there is no more start menu, except that it is in the previous window graphic before being on your desk/menu as it was for previous Windows version. I have done what you did with the four exe files as I wanted to test it and rip my CDs but it does not provide the "Rip to" formats where you select the format you want (I want Wave), it is completely empty!
        On the other hand by launching it from this new stupid interface (at the begining) then it works. I hate it and I would prefer getting it launched from the traditional Windows office/desk...as you recommended but my format list is empty
        Last edited by nicolas007; June 23, 2013, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Install this:

It gives you a start menu back, we use it on our Windows 2012 servers (no start menu is equally stupid on a server)
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• coachmike
            • Jun 2013

Hi...newcomer here. I have the same question regarding getting started, but with a mac. I registered and downloaded the program, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Only see a text file in my downloads folder that appears in code.

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp will not run on the MAC unless you run Parallels on the mac, which allows you to run Windows programs.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• preacher
                • Aug 2013

Thanks Spoon. Not the news I wanted to see but. I am not knowledgeable of Parallels.

Comment

Working...

]]>