title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rip With Track Number As Part Of Title

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gav
    • May 2013

Rip With Track Number As Part Of Title

I use an audio streamer fed from a NAS drive that reads file names and not track numbers which results in tracks being played in alphabetical order. I can manually go in and add the number to the file name in Foobar which then plays the tracks in the correct order. This is pretty tedious and I just wanted to know if when ripping an CD you can make the track name read 01 Breathe for example. This would save a hell of a lot of time. It looks like a fairly common problem judging by queries I've seen on various forums but I can't find an answer one way or the other. Thanks. Gav.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Rip With Track Number As Part Of Title

Use the DSP effect ID Tag processing:

Manipulation >> Rule Based Manipulation >> Set

add the following:

IF Title=[anyvalue]
    SET Title=[track] [title]
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gav
      • May 2013

Spoon thank you very much for your super fast response. I tried what you suggested but it doesn't make any difference. The track number has to actually become a part of the track name. I can rip as Band/Album/Track Number and Title and It looks ok in windows but if you open it in Foobar the track name is still just that and my network player plays in alphabetical order. I don't know if this is physically possible because of the different values involved but it's better to ask an expert before I spend hours ripping and manually changing every track name.

Gav.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I have tested this and it works:

IF pretendtag=
        SET Title=[track] [title]
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gav
          • May 2013

What can I say Spoon, you truly are Da Man! Legend.

Thanks so much. Loving the program and this will make re-ripping my library that I lost through hard drive failure so much easier. And judging by a lot of other forum queries out there I will not be the only happy ripper tonight.

Thanks again.

Gav.

Comment

Working...

]]>