title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I make sure I am not re-submitting and faking a confimation of my own rips?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Porcus
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2007

How do I make sure I am not re-submitting and faking a confimation of my own rips?

I might test around a bit with R15, but I will feed it some CDs I already ripped (... HDCD, grmph).
    Now I want to make sure dBpoweramp recognizes me and does not re-submit any erroneous rip which may be consistently read (using the same drive). Should I just install the beta over the old one?

And, the signature is hardware-based, so if and when Windows has deteroriated to the point of needing reinstallation (i.e., about now), I will still be recognized as long as I install my paid Reference first and activate it using the code, and then the beta on top?

(I guess the least I could do when playing around with something newer than what I bought, would be to refrain from polluting the AR database with double entries.)
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I make sure I am not re-submitting and faking a confimation of my own rips

The signature is Local account based in Windows, reinstalling Windows or creating a new account and submissions appear from another person and could be duplicated.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2007

Re: How do I make sure I am not re-submitting and faking a confimation of my own rips

Originally posted by Spoon
      The signature is Local account based in Windows, reinstalling Windows or creating a new account and submissions appear from another person and could be duplicated.
      Unavoidable, in my case then.

Does dBp submit if I uncheck the query AR box? Is there any way I can set up a profile telling dBp to discard without submitting? Like, in the details under the submissions window, will submitting to 'local' prevent from sending to you? (I never understood what that local base is.)

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you uncheck AR then it does not calc AccurateRip for that disc.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>