title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Nas to ipod classic

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lyric
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2010

Re: Nas to ipod classic

No Im copying to my music folder on pc. Spoon asked me to paste clipboard, I have no idea where the clipboard is. Also I have tried a couple of other albums, on told me that it exists as an mp3 folder, which it doesnt and another converted and told me it was finished, then when I looked for it in my music it was there but no longer as an album, converter split it up to individual songs, what is going on? it seems crazy. What folder do I choose and what if any dynamic choice. I ask this as if this actually works I want a folder separate with nothing else in it. When I click on some albums when I have batch converter up some appear in the big box on the right, however others dont. Two gold boxes appear when I choose an album and if I click again it changes to one, what does this mean.
    Its not simple is it? I cant see that clipboard anywhere.....

Lyric

Comment

• lyric
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2010

just converted another album and it seperated it into songs and stored them in my music file on pc and mixed them through the previous album, so its indexing albums as songs alphabetically, not what I want, help.. and I havent even got to the itunes folder stage yet.

lyric

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

When the error message shows, click Copy to Clipboard.

Then reply to this thread, right click in your reply >> Paste
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lyric
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Nov 2010

Right no more error messages, but what is going on with the files all being dumped as songs only, just a jumble, I wanted albums, Whats going on, I want to set this to work, go to bed and wake up with 900 or so cds converted to mp3, feature to benefit so to speak.

regards

Lyric

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

iTunes does not care if all tracks are in a single folder, it takes the files and moves them to its own folders.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lyric
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Nov 2010

Ok, does that mean that somehow iTunes will reassemble all the tracks into my albums?
              I hope you understand my trepidation to start the batch process without some reassurance that everything will be albums once again. My experience with db poweramp ripping software was that it ripped things as albums, I'm just not used to this and it wasn't mentioned.
              If you could just assure me I wil set the process going tonight:smile2:

Lyric

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

It will yes.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lyric
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Nov 2010

Thank you for getting back to me.

Lyric:smile2:

Comment

• lyric
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Nov 2010

I'm just updating to make sure I'm doing all I can and hopefully this thread will help others doing something similar. 10,774 flac tracks are being converted as I speak. I plugged the computer into the router via cat 5 cable just after the examination process started, I hoped it would speed up the conversion. It hasn't. Last night when I was just doing a couple of albums the encoding speed was about 41 whereas now is 16 or 17, which means the process will take 1 day and 20 hours, if that what it takes then ok I don't have a problem, I just was wondering why the speed is less than half of last nights.

Lyric

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

It could normal.

Some systems, especially laptops when they get hot they scale back the CPU frequency to stop overheating.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lyric
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Nov 2010

Oh dear, things didn't go we'll with my batch conversion last night. When I got up an hour ago I went down to check on the progress to find that the screen had the dreaded error box up, I didn't paste it to clipboard as I was so mad, I looked at what it did copy , which was 5,700 odd songs out of 10,774. Looking through what was copied I couldn't find a pattern, well one I could use to continue batch conversion. I thought it would do it alphabetically by album, doesn't seem so. Anyway I decided to load what was converted to my iTunes library. Can batch converter identify what wasn't copied and try again. I am so disappointed. I don't know why it stopped half way, all the albums on my Nas I have played, they weren't ripped by dp poweramp as I have a tranquil rs3 ripping server with their own ripping engine. I do use asset 4.1 premium and on one of the tracks it said there was an error, I have played it no problem.
                        So it looks like I'm stuffed, 5,000 songs short is a lot especially as you don't know which ones I'm missing, please nobody say " half of them":smile2: well I'm off to work soon, maybe someone can help please.

Oh must edit, I added the 5000 songs to iTunes which took a half an hour or so and I was able to see the pattern I couldn't in batch converter, conversion was done by artist, so it got up to the Letter M. I still don't know why it just doesn't skip over the error and keep on going. What do I do next?

Lyric
                        Last edited by lyric; February 12, 2013, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

As iTunes has moved the files it is not possible for the converter to detect what it has already done...

If the network went down (even for 5 minutes) then the 5000 files would be skipped through very quickly as they would not have been available to convert.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lyric
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Nov 2010

Well I suppose I could create a new music folder in windows and batch convert from the m onwards. Do I have to select each artist after m manually or is there a way of directing batch converter.

Lyric

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Manual selection of artist folders.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lyric
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • Nov 2010

Well, Batch conversion was a success and I now happily have 10,755 songs and artwork all on my ipod classic with no issues what so ever.
                                thankyou once again To everyone who helped me during this process and to Spoon for making it easy. I would recommend this program to anyone,

Lyric:smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>