title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Multi Encoding not working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GarethA
    • Jan 2013

Multi Encoding not working

I have recently installed the latest version 14.3 of dBpoweramp(7days) to my Sony Vaio and configured the CD Ripper in accordance with guide with exception of Ultra Secure at this time.
    I have separately successfully ripped to flac and mp3 and batch converted mp3 to flac ( does this yield an error free lossless file?). However when I select Multi Encode to rip the flac and mp3 simultaneously I get an Error message against each file
    The output Error message reads

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\Gareth\Music\Music Collection FLAC\Simply Red\Greatest Hits\01 Simply Red - Holding Back the Years.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'Music Collection FLAC\01 Simply Red - Holding Back the Years.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'Music Collection MP3\01 Simply Red - Holding Back the Years.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\Gareth\Music\Music Collection FLAC\Simply Red\Greatest Hits\02 Simply Red - Money's Too Tight To Mention.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'Music Collection FLAC\02 Simply Red - Money's Too Tight To Mention.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'Music Collection MP3\02 Simply Red - Money's Too Tight To Mention.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Any guidance as to how I may have misconfigured the s/w

Gareth
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Multi Encoding not working

>Music Collection FLAC

This is not a valid location...it should have a drive letter and path, the 'Music' virtual folder maps to that, so you can have Music\Music FLAC\
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GarethA
      • Jan 2013

Spoon
      Firstly many thanks for the rapid response - excellent support.
      Apologies for ignorance (am 68 and not computer savvy) but I do not fully understand your answer.
      I thought that each of the fully defined file paths as used in my initial successful single separate codec ripping sessions would place the multi encoded files in the same locations for clarity repeated below
      'C:\Users\Gareth\Music\Music Collection FLAC and 'C:\Users\Gareth\Music\Music Collection MP3
      Are you saying I simply remove the word "Collection" in the above strings
      ie 'C:\Users\Gareth\Music\Music FLAC\

Thanks

Gareth

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Multi encoder uses its own paths for each codec.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GarethA
          • Jan 2013

Spoon
          Many thanks - I am now successfully multi encoding
          Just need to work out best overall filing system structure for the long term.
          I will now start to trawl the forum but has anyone out there got any pointers?

Regards

Comment

Working...

]]>