title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I create HD files 96khz/24bit on CD?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • almc2242
    • Dec 2006

How do I create HD files 96khz/24bit on CD?

I love hi fidelity sound from my home and car speakers. I also create out dates LPs from vinyl to CDs. I would like to know how can I burn to CD HD 96khz/24bit.
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: How do I create HD files 96khz/24bit on CD?

It is not possible as all CDs are 16bit 44KHz

Comment

• Porcus
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2007

Only as data CDs and they can likely not be read by a car unit. Even if it can read data CDs, then nothing says it can read this resolution.

Which is totally useless also. Try to convert a 96/24 vinyl rip to the CD format (44.1/16) and do a proper (blind!) test for differences. No chance in hell that you will actually be able to tell which is which unless you did something awfully wrong when recording or converting, supposing you don't have one of those soundcards which mess up 44.1 in converting to 48. (The foobar2000 audio player has an ABX component if you are in for the challenge.)

Comment

• BUDDD
        • Jan 2004

You can use dvd format to get that resolution or even blu ray, with the right software, ( check out HD-Audio Solo Ultra ) and the right amplification.

Comment

Working...

]]>