title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

[IFMULTI]string[] -- how does DB know if it's multiple disk?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • idiotprogrammer
    • Nov 2012

[IFMULTI]string[] -- how does DB know if it's multiple disk?

HI, there, I'm ready to do a mass conversion of FLAC to oggs.

But I want to make sure I have my title formatting correct.

I can't figure out this [IFMULTI]string[] http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...ll=1*post67990

How does dbpoweramp determine whether it is a multiple CD collection?

Basically I'd like to have the multiple disc directories to contain the disk number in the directory name, and I can do this programmatically ... [IFMULTI] - Disc [disc][]

But I have noticed that freedb sometimes will contain "Disc 2" in the album title. That ruins my naming scheme because the folder will repeat it twice .....i.e., FRANCOs GREATEST HITS DISC 2 - Disc 2

This naming scheme would only work if "DISC 2" is not in the title.

To summary, I want to AVOID 2 things:

FRANCOs GREATEST HITS DISC 2 - Disc 2 (disc number is mentioned in album title twice--that's bad)
    KATHY MCCARTY - DEAD EYE'S DOORBELL DISC 1 (this CD consists of only 1 disc, so the directory should not include a reference to discs ).

I notice that a LOT of the single disc CD's I've been ripping with Dbpoweramp have the number 1 in the Disc Number field (according to mp3tag). But how does dbpoweramp know it's not going to consist of multiple CDs?

Is the only way dbpoweramp knows is if the value in "Disc" is in this format: "1/1" ? Or does it look to see if it's a number higher than 1 (or not empty).

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: [IFMULTI]string[] -- how does DB know if it's multiple disk?

>Is the only way dbpoweramp knows is if the value in "Disc" is in this format: "1/1" ? Or does it look to see if it's a number higher than 1 (or not empty).

Correct the /2 or /3
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• idiotprogrammer
      • Nov 2012

Re: [IFMULTI]string[] -- how does DB know if it's multiple disk?

aha, now I see what's going on.

Observation: the mp3tag utility only has a field for Discnumber but not for Discs in Set (I'm editing flacs). In mp3tag, even if I change the discnumber to 3, dbpoweramp batch converter will not process [IFMULTI]string[] correctly. The only way you can edit it correctly in mp3tag is to change the value of Discnumber in mp3tag to "3/4".

Comment

Working...

]]>