title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mp3 (Fraunhofer) reqires a dBpoweramp reference license.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OldScotsman
    • Sep 2012

mp3 (Fraunhofer) reqires a dBpoweramp reference license.

I use dBpoweramp which I have paid for and rip all my Audio Books using mp3 (Fraunhofer). Now, all of a sudden, dBpoweramp ejects any CD and an gives an error message stating "mp3 (Fraunhofer) requires a dBpoweramp reference license."
    Can anyone help?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: mp3 (Fraunhofer) reqires a dBpoweramp reference license.

Check your registration status, dBpoweramp Configuration, it should say Reference as the registration type.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• OldScotsman
      • Sep 2012

Thank you very much for replying. I do appreciate it because I have no idea what to do about my problem.
      If I go into Configuration is states bBpoweramp Music Converter: Registered Power Pack version 13.5 and in the codecs tab MP3 (Fraunhofer IIS) is listed but there is no release number. I don't know if that is important. It was working up until recently.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you have never had the Reference Version then you need to use the mp3 (Lame) encoder.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Aron Arnold
          • Oct 2012

I am having a similar problem. I have a paid version of Ref 14.3 ref. I have looked at my registration status in dBpoweramp Configuration several times to confirm this. It says "dBpPoweramp Music Converter: Registered Power Pack Release 14.3". Whenever I try to use the Fraunhofer codec, I get a popup that says "Component Requires dBPoweramp Reference" and provides me with a button that says "register". When I click on that button, it takes me to this page

That is the page where I originally paid for my ref license. I have tried reinstalling several times and the install file I'm using is named "dMC-r14.3-Registered.exe". I am definitely using Ref 14.3 but fraunhofer does not work, regardless of whether I install that codec as a stand-alone or as part of the power pack.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

>"dBpPoweramp Music Converter: Registered Power Pack Release 14.3"

This is the wrong license, the Power Pack is not Reference.

"dMC-r14.3-Registered.exe" this is not reference either.

Have a look at your original order and make sure it was for Reference and not Power Pack.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>