title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Simple problem but I can't fix it

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Desertpilot
    • Aug 2012

Simple problem but I can't fix it

Hi,

I have a lot of ripped classical music to WAV files. When I use "edit id tag" I can enter Artist, Title, Album and even Album Art. No problem so far. It saves all the data. When I play the music in FOOBAR, all this data shows up.

But, I am also trying to enter Composer and Conductor. When I click on the ADD button, a drop down box appears and I select Conductor. I then type in the Conductor's name. When I click on APPLY it looks like the data is being saved. But it does not save it. When I click on "edit id tag" again, the area is blank. Foobar shows these fields blank as well.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Marcus
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Simple problem but I can't fix it

You have perhaps disabled the option to write id3 chunk tags, which would be needed to store composer, as the wave list chunk tag as not position to store those.

Comment

• Desertpilot
      • Aug 2012

Hi, thanks for the information. It made me hunt a little deeper.

When I "right" click on a WAV audio file, a dialog box comes up and at the bottom is "properties." When I click on properties, another dialog box comes up and there is a tab called, "audio properties." Near the bottom of "audio properties" there is the following item: CONTAINS ID TAG (LIST). My research indicates that LIST tags only contain the bare essential information. Somehow, I need to switch from LIST to ID3v2.

I looked around dbPoweramp configuration but that doesn't seem to have the facility to move from LIST to ID3v2.

Anyone know how to do this???

thanks ... marcus

Comment

• dbfan
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jan 2011

Dbpoweramp configuration >> codecs>> advanced

Comment

Working...

]]>