title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Lookup/tag ID3 tags automatically

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerBlitzkrieger
    • Dec 2007

Lookup/tag ID3 tags automatically

Is there a way to lookup and change the existing tag data automatically for an album without having to input everything by hand?
    Kind of like how you can change the album art from the internet, but with the ID3 info.
    Is this possible to do at all, because I have a large collection of music that I've gotten without tag data, and I would hate to have to do it all by hand.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Lookup/tag ID3 tags automatically

I don't think dbpa can do this (yet). You might look at:

Introducing auto tagging, a new feature for bliss! Autotagging suggests metadata for untagged music files automatically.

Comment

• DerBlitzkrieger
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by garym
      I don't think dbpa can do this (yet). You might look at:

http://www.blisshq.com/music-library...ntagged-files/
      Thank you, I will check this out. For some reason, I always thought dbpa could do this, because when you rip a CD, it will check the CDDB and other online sources for tag info. Guess I just never checked it.

I used to use Musicmatch jukebox, which had a super-tagging feature, but this is long-gone since Yahoo Music became what it is now.
      (Feel free to laugh about the MMJB, I was a huge fanboy of MP3PRO back in the day, and even had an old POS RCA Lyra)

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DerBlitzkrieger
        Thank you, I will check this out. For some reason, I always thought dbpa could do this, because when you rip a CD, it will check the CDDB and other online sources for tag info. Guess I just never checked it.

I used to use Musicmatch jukebox, which had a super-tagging feature, but this is long-gone since Yahoo Music became what it is now.
        (Feel free to laugh about the MMJB, I was a huge fanboy of MP3PRO back in the day, and even had an old POS RCA Lyra)
        yep, it can do that while ripping, but not later (at least not yet as far as I understand). Re: mm jukebox. I'm not laughing. I ripped probably 150,000 tracks with mmjb to 192 CBR mp3 before I learned about secure ripping, lossless (FLAC), etc. I'm been on a journey ever since to rerip everything to FLAC with dbpa.....oh man!

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

We release to beta in about 4-6 weeks an auto tagger.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DerBlitzkrieger
            • Dec 2007

Spoon,

That's great, thank you for this.
            The blisshq thing seems a bit pricey, especially for someone who has to convert to pounds from USD. I did, however, hear good things about MP3tag
            Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use tool to edit metadata of audio files.

garym, what are you using to play your MP3s with now? I'm still trying to limp along with older versions of MMJB, but want to make the switch to a modern player. I should definitely try Renaissance, eh? I was also looking at Clementine. I just don't need any folder or music library compilation BS, as I listen to all of my music from folders instead of through the player. This is part of the reason why I prefer Cowon for MP3 players as well.

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DerBlitzkrieger
              Spoon,

That's great, thank you for this.
              The blisshq thing seems a bit pricey, especially for someone who has to convert to pounds from USD. I did, however, hear good things about MP3tag
              Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use tool to edit metadata of audio files.

garym, what are you using to play your MP3s with now? I'm still trying to limp along with older versions of MMJB, but want to make the switch to a modern player. I should definitely try Renaissance, eh? I was also looking at Clementine. I just don't need any folder or music library compilation BS, as I listen to all of my music from folders instead of through the player. This is part of the reason why I prefer Cowon for MP3 players as well.
              mp3tag won't automatically fill your tags. I use for listening:

Computer player - foobar2000 with facets component installed
              Home - various Logitech Squeezebox Hardware players, with music stored on local computer serving the various SB hardware players (using Logitech Media Server) around the house (connected via ethernet or WIFI to my local network).

Comment

Working...

]]>