title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

how do I get started??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samwisesam
    • Feb 2012

how do I get started??

hi

I anot great with computers so this is probably really basic. I've downloaded the programme and the files all show up in the programme file area on my C:Drive. However, how do I actually launch the software to use it? There is no icon on my desktop.

cheers
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: how do I get started??

Start >> program files >> dBpoweramp Music Converter
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• samwisesam
      • Feb 2012

thanks Spoon, bit of a novice question! I am up and running on CD Ripper with no problems. However, I am struggling on Batch Converter. It is creating new versions but I cannot find where they are going. I have it set to place the files in I Tunes Music folder but no new folders are appearing in there. I have the hierachy set to artist\album\title but nothing coming up? I am having to file to the original folder so end with versions of each song. Is there are way for I Tunes to automatically recognise the new folders? Is it possible just to convert the original file rather than create a new version?

thanks

Comment

• dbfan
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jan 2011

When you click Convert in Batch Ripper, on the next page which allows you to select the encoder is a List / Rename button, this shows exactly where the files are being placed.

iTunes has a special folder 'Add to iTunes' which should be used for iTunes to automatically pickup the files.

Comment

• samwisesam
          • Feb 2012

ok, i'll check that out. But there does seem to be some strange stuff going on. Because of the problems I was having I created a new folder in ITunes folders for Creedance Clearwater Revival. I had by this point, through frustration, ceated the converted files into the original folder (so a flac and ALA ss file in the original folder). I transferred the ALAC to the new CCR folder and then did import folder in ITunes. The files are gone from the I TUnes folder but have not physically appeared into ITunes - strange.

cheers

Comment

Working...

]]>