title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch convert flac lossless library to m4a/aac lossy format

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • techguy
    • Jan 2012

Batch convert flac lossless library to m4a/aac lossy format

Hi there,

I want to convert a portion of my large library currently in FLAC & WMA lossless format to Apple format AAC/M4A format so that I can play this music in my car. As many car audio systems, my Audi MMI will only accept lossy formats up to about 320Kbs from what I can see (silly restriction in an otherwise terrific sound system).

I know I have the option of using conversion to MP3, however I believe the AAC/M4A will sound better at whatever maximum bitrate I can use there.

After downloading and installing the add-on CODEC from DBPOWERAMP for this, I get told that I have to add another piece available from www.nerodigital.com and to look for the red "?" which isn't there. When I go to that site it's just an advertising site for many others and most of what's on there is useless. Is it really this difficult to do this?

I looked thru the forum entries and didn't see anything like my question here (although I didn't dig thru all of it).

I hope I'm not missing something obvious but any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch convert flac lossless library to m4a/aac lossy format

At 320Kbps there should be no difference between mp3 and aac, as they both become transparent in the low 200Kbps, especially in a car.

There is a direct link shown in the help file.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>