title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How Do I Give Hints to MetaData

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wcndave
    • Jun 2009

How Do I Give Hints to MetaData

So, I have burned an album in iTunes on a Mac, and wish to rip on PC using dbpoweramp.

No meta data at all shows up, even with I click the meta button to manually fetch.

I know this album has data out there.

Can i somehow give the meta fetcher a hint? eg I would be happy to type in artist and album name, however all the tracks, not really! if i have to do this for 200 discs...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How Do I Give Hints to MetaData

If you have created a CD yourself then it is a unique CD which does not exist out there (metadata databases rely on track lengths + starting position of the tracks).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wcndave
      • Jun 2009

Re: How Do I Give Hints to MetaData

Well, it does work sometimes, I am talking about complete albums here, so let's say I burned "The Pink Album" by "The Bugs" and then tried to rip with dbpa, then i get all the meta data, however for another album say "An Easy Day", I see no meta data.

I have checked the "write CD-Text" on iTunes, so when i rip, i can at least manually import most of the track names from that.

still would be good to give a hint, when you have a known album and just want the track names / artists prefilled.

Comment

Working...

]]>